CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

18 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Looking at 23.9 million as per Deadline, -36% the worst hold yet for the movie.

Holy Saturday & Easter Sunday are not typically good for family films - too many other activities going on.   It roughly balanced by Good Friday, but BvS is taking a toll on the rest of the BO like F7 did this same weekend last year.   

5 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

"Zootopia which is looking to take an estimated $23.9M in its fourth frame, off 36%, taking its cume by Sunday to $241.3M." 

No reported Friday estimates for Zootopia again? Come on! ...hopefully it's over $10 million. My theater was crowded due to the Batman v Superman sellouts. 

If it's not closer to 11m or over I will be surprised but watch it decide that this is the weekend it bucks trends in a bad way lol. 

8 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I don't think 80.5 gets you to 169.5. I'm tired and I can't (won't?) sleep, so I could be wrong. I've been steadfast all week about this flick being very front-loaded so I'll stick by that. 

I concur with your assessment.   

By their numbers, they have it going up slightly from Friday only to Saturday (down 35% when you include the Thursday total).  I think its looking at a 5-10% decline for the day to day.  Mid $160s is where it will end up.   

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:
Anonymous  on Mar 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Most people don’t hate DC, they just want better DC movies.

Comment of the day 

Whoever this is, they are spilling truth tea.

I have to join the chorus and say that Snyder needs to go ASAP. But I don't really blame him as much as I blame WB. They never should've given him this whole gig in the first place.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone feels like this, but I really want to be involved wit this thread, but almost everything that can possibly be said about DC, Ben Affleck, BO records etc has already been said in the past 175 pages.

I guess we just wait for an update.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Looking at 23.9 million as per Deadline, -36% the worst hold yet for the movie.

When your worst hold is 36%...you're running at minimum 24% better than BvS best hold...and I might be generous with that.

Edited by kowhite

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Maybe that is the score in Germany. I think they have different scores based on territory. Here in the States it got down to 73% this afternoon and then went back up to 74% tonight.

Hmm, I was using the .com page and as far as I know there aren't any country specific instances of rt. Looking at the clock its 6 am (saturday) here now. I went to the cinema thursday evening at about 8:30 pm. I checked rt about an hour beforehand. So about ~35 hours ago. Maybe thats the solution to the riddle. I definately did not check other movies bes...

DOH!

I DID check another movie besides the ones mentioned. *sigh* I also checked My big fat... 2. Maybe that has been sitting at 68 and I mixed the results up. Since I can't rule that out please accept my humble apologies for any confusion caused. It wasn't per ill will.

1).Batman v Superman (WB), 4,242 theaters/ $80.5M Fri.* / 3-day cume: $169.5M/ Wk 1
*includes $27.7M previews

2). Zootopia (DIS), 3,670 theaters (-289)/ $9.8 Fri. (+2%)/ 3-day cume: $23.9M (-36%)/Total Cume: $241.3M/Wk 4

3).My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (UNI), 3,133 theaters/ $7.7M Fri.+ / 3-day cume: $19.1M Wk 1
+includes $1.02M Thursday previews

4).Allegiant (LG), 3,740 theaters/ $3.9M Fri.  (-67%)/ 3-day cume: $9.8M (-66%)/Total cume: $46.9M Wk 2

5).Miracles From Heaven (SONY), 3,047 theaters/ $3.3M Fri.(-20%) / 3-day cume: $9.3M (-37%)/Total Cume: $34M Wk 2

6).10 Cloverfield Lane (PAR), 2,802 theaters (-625)/ $2.1M Fri. (-42%) / 3-day cume: $6M (-52%)/Total cume: $56M Wk 3

7). Deadpool (FOX), 2,336 theaters (-588) / $1.66M Fri. (-26%) / 3-day cume: $4.7M (-41%) Total Cume: $349.2M Wk 6

8). London Has Fallen (FOC), 2,173 theaters (-838)/ $993k Fri. (-47%)/ 3-day cume: $2.8M (-59%)/Total Cume: $55.5M/ Wk 4

9) Hello, My Name Is Doris (RSA), 488 theaters (+360)/ $483K Fri. (+85%) / 3-day cume: $1.5m (+48%)/Total Cume:$3M/ Wk 3

10). Risen (SONY), 634 theaters (-571)/ $349K Fri. (+20%) / 3-day cume: $947K (-17%) /Total Cume: $36M /Wk 6

11) Eye in the Sky (BLST), 123 theaters (+88)/ $288K Fri. (+160%) / 3-day cume: $924K (+119%)/Total Cume: $1.6M/ Wk 3

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I always love it when some people find that critics don't agree with their opinion on a particular movie or that the CinemaScore grade doesn't match up with said opinion, they go right for the attack and label such things "meaningless."

Some of y'all are so cute sometimes.

Generally when reactionaries see a popular opinion they don't like they always scream that it's tainted by some agenda.

29 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

I like the sad video because it has a song that was used in Watchmen in the Comedian funeral scene who happened to be the same actor that played Thomas Wayne in this movie.

Speaking of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. As a Walking Dead fan seeing Maggie and soon to be Negan as Thomas and Martha made yet another Wayne murder scene worth it. Even if they barley had any lines. 

Edited by Rman823