CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

First and second acts get an A+. Third act an A-. Overall A+.

Will add a review in that section tonight because I need to.

Question first. Seriously, at what point to Affleck learn his craft? Which movie? I have not followed his career but holy Oscar performance batman, that is easily the best depiction of batman yet. EXCELLENT. 

• Like 1

Ben has always been a very good actor, watch Jersey Girl or Chasing Amy (I'm serious, and I love Kevin Smith) for example, I think directing too helped him get even better, in fact, some of his best performances are in movies he directed: Argo and The Town (especially The Town). 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SWXII said:

First and second acts get an A+. Third act an A-. Overall A+.

Will add a review in that section tonight because I need to.

Question first. Seriously, at what point to Affleck learn his craft? Which movie? I have not followed his career but holy Oscar performance batman, that is easily the best depiction of batman yet. EXCELLENT. 

:kitschjob:

1 minute ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Affleck winning a Supporting Actor Oscar for BvS would result in a repeat of my reaction to this past year's Supporting Actor winner but much much worse

Good thing he has no chance lol

He has a better chance than Ryan Reynolds winning an Oscar for best actor in Deadpool, wouldn't you say? 

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Ben has always been a very good actor, watch Jersey Girl or Chasing Amy (I'm serious, and I love Kevin Smith) for example, I think directing too helped him get even better, in fact, some of his best performances are in movies he directed: Argo and The Town (especially The Town). 

I am going to check out The Town. I avoided his films due to some earlier work he did. Perhaps that was a mistake.

People should see BvS. Loved the tone of the first two acts. Best since TDK. IMO.

3 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Affleck winning a Supporting Actor Oscar for BvS would result in a repeat of my reaction to this past year's Supporting Actor winner but much much worse

Good thing he has no chance lol

Ummmm.... Yeah... I would fucking riot.

I think that seeing BvS, maybe THe Town after will alter your perception of him, making you see retroactively the rest of his work differently. It's kinda like when you see an actor in an amazing role and go "jesus, where did that come from?" when you've seen the guy in other films and never noticed, and it makes seeing those other films a completely different and much more enjoyable experience.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from second viewing, IMAX 2D and enjoyed it even more. The 2.5 hours flew by. Picked up on so many things I missed first time. 

That worldwide total is an excellent start!!!

I am greatly looking forward to the full film. Missed many details on first viewing. And shed a tear for Lois.

I am sentimental like that. :shy:

Well, @nilephelan said that it's supposed to be $80m, not $82m. I've seen estimatives going down like he predicted enough to believe he does have some inside info.

With that said, $82m would mean a $54,3m Friday for BvS. Fast 7 had a $51,6m Friday, with $15,8m previews. If it's $80m and WB fudge it, BvS was awfully close to F7's Friday, what shows in my opinion that the effects of the negative buzz is already in effect. I expect it to get even worse this Saturday and Sunday.

Previews: $27.7m

Friday: $54.3m

Saturday: $47m

Sunday: $31m

$160m OW

56 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Considering I love both Man of Steel and Batman VS Superman, I need to see Snyder's other films for sure.

If you like those two I think you'll enjoy watchmen. Big chunks of BvS  had a very similar mood as watchmen IMO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

He has a better chance than Ryan Reynolds winning an Oscar for best actor in Deadpool, wouldn't you say? 

They both have no shots at Oscars. Reynolds I could see getting a Golden Globe nom maybe

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Remember how mad you were at Zootopia a couple weeks ago? I mean that :lol: 

oh well that was a variety of factors both related to my inability to see the movie and ridiculous aspects in my personal life related to that movie so ha

Ryan Reynolds has a much better shot at getting at an Oscar nomination for Deadpool than Ben Affleck does for Batman v Superman and Reynolds' chances are 0.01% (a Golden Globe nomination in Musical/Comedy Actor isn't impossible but that all depends on competition).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankie Cochran said:

They both have no shots at Oscars. Reynolds I could see getting a Golden Globe nom maybe

oh well that was a variety of factors both related to my inability to see the movie and ridiculous aspects in my personal life related to that movie so ha

Reynolds will never get a golden globe nod after saying that he'd describe his penis in a 1,000 words or less to the Hollywood Foreign Press lol

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

Unlikely, in China it's collapsing plus good Friday. My guess 420M.

Why do people say it's collapsing in China? Because its Saturday only increased 20% from its opening day? I mean, opening days haves the tendency to be inflated...