CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

14 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Why are people acting as if a critic disliking this is so extraordinary? The movie is somewhat entertaining but did you not notice the plot/editing?

Stop. You're not allowed to make comments like this. The movie was perfection and anyone who thinks otherwise is a hater, troll or is a Marvel Fanboy. 

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Quality films? QUEST FOR PEACE and BATMAN+ROBIN crushed that before the MCU was even a glimmer in Feige's eye. 

Batman and Robin is A+ material. The Batnipples is like the godfather of all WTFuckery tidbits exist in the following SH movies. 

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

The instant labeling of 'trolls' 'haters' 'this and that-biased' soon as people say things you don't like has gotta be the most annoying thing for me about our forum. 

Seriously, some of ya'll should learn to chill. 

It's a hard thing when this kind of behavior is endorsed by the mods at times. Cool to see some of them liking your post, but I really wish they could practice what you said and not simply liking posts. Some actual positive action to stop this kind of vulgarization of the words trolling and hating would help this place a lot, in my opinion. 

I don't think ANY other 'fandoms' around here would be mad for calling a 30% RT film bad. I admittedly like some bad films. Since the Nolan's TDK days were over and Snyder's reign of terror started, I've read many things about people justifying poor to negative RT scores and box office runs: MoS got "mixed" reviews, even though saying that it's literally giving a new definition for a film viewed negatively by most critics, it did a great run because it made more than most of the $100m-$150m budget solo Marvel Studios films, now with BvS things go from critics hate Snyder and dislike films that "take chances" and are grim dark serious because they want the films to be fun and cookie cutter like Marvel's films, claiming that it might not gross $1b is a sacrilege and disliking the film equates being a hater and a Marvel fanboy, never mind the novel concept of being an actual DC fan completely pissed off and baffled by the film Snyder delivered.

We are living strange times, with this polarizations to literally everything. Politics, entertainment or anything else is either 'with us' or 'against us'. No space for nuance and critical thinking, no space for anything but blind following. When this kind of environment is feeded with people not only getting called out like you just did, it becomes toxic. The film has toxic reviews because the critics hated it, Cinemascore isn't glowing either and it's completely understandable, after having seen it. It's a bad film. It's getting hate because of that, and same goes for TASM2 or any other bad film that gets this kind of response. It's doing fine numbers, but they aren't mind blowing either.

Eventually Marvel films screw up like TASM2 and it's completely fair to call it a bad film. And yet, we have to be very careful to criticize BvS or MoS around here because if we do, that's trolling, that's hating, the films are divisive, not really bad. The double standards are so ridiculous huge that it's hilarious to witness. I'll be the first to call a 55% Marvel Studios or Star Wars film a BAD film, not divisive, not mixed. And that's regardless if I like it or not. I'd just like a moratorium in the use of the troll and hater words around here. The discussion is simply much more richier when people get to discuss the films themselves than each other user.

44 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Some people earlier In the thread said Civil War will outgross AOU. Why would this happen? lol 

Spider-man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, much better quality, more buzz, more compelling conflict, better trailers...

2 hours ago, Nova said:

I can't wait to see everyEveryonece when the actuals come  in and it's less than $170M. 

The thing is no one except us nerds really care. Everyine in the industry does it so its really not a big deal at all.

• Like 2

Hello guys.

Sorry if my question is stupid. I've read here on this board some time ago that JL may actually be delayed if BO numbers will be bad. So, I take it 400+ millions WW for OW is good number. Does it mean that JL will not be delayed, even after poor response by critics to BvS? Or is it yet to be seen? Thanks :D

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Batman and Robin is A+ material. The Batnipples is like the godfather of all WTFuckery tidbits exist in the following SH movies. 

&bat asses, not to mention the worst dialogue you'll ever hear.

Edited by GiantCALBears

2 minutes ago, White as Snow said:

Hello guys.

Sorry if my question is stupid. I've read here on this board some time ago that JL may actually be delayed if BO numbers will be bad. So, I take it 400+ millions WW for OW is good number. Does it mean that JL will not be delayed, even after poor response by critics to BvS? Or is it yet to be seen? Thanks :D

It won't be delayed for those reasons but it may move to a different date because November is a pretty stupid idea imo

• Like 1