CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Had to cancel my 4th viewing today, but will try to catch it over the weekdays again since I'm in San Fran again for work (thank god the Mexico sojourn is done)

Doubt I'll see it 4 times, but 1 more should satisfy me. Maybe over next weekend. Hoping to see Greek Wedding tonight or tomorrow, and then maybe Miracles on Thursday.

18 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It's a hard thing when this kind of behavior is endorsed by the mods at times. Cool to see some of them liking your post, but I really wish they could practice what you said and not simply liking posts. Some actual positive action to stop this kind of vulgarization of the words trolling and hating would help this place a lot, in my opinion. 

I don't think ANY other 'fandoms' around here would be mad for calling a 30% RT film bad. I admittedly like some bad films. Since the Nolan's TDK days were over and Snyder's reign of terror started, I've read many things about people justifying poor to negative RT scores and box office runs: MoS got "mixed" reviews, even though saying that it's literally giving a new definition for a film viewed negatively by most critics, it did a great run because it made more than most of the $100m-$150m budget solo Marvel Studios films, now with BvS things go from critics hate Snyder and dislike films that "take chances" and are grim dark serious because they want the films to be fun and cookie cutter like Marvel's films, claiming that it might not gross $1b is a sacrilege and disliking the film equates being a hater and a Marvel fanboy, never mind the novel concept of being an actual DC fan completely pissed off and baffled by the film Snyder delivered.

We are living strange times, with this polarizations to literally everything. Politics, entertainment or anything else is either 'with us' or 'against us'. No space for nuance and critical thinking, no space for anything but blind following. When this kind of environment is feeded with people not only getting called out like you just did, it becomes toxic. The film has toxic reviews because the critics hated it, Cinemascore isn't glowing either and it's completely understandable, after having seen it. It's a bad film. It's getting hate because of that, and same goes for TASM2 or any other bad film that gets this kind of response. It's doing fine numbers, but they aren't mind blowing either.

Eventually Marvel films screw up like TASM2 and it's completely fair to call it a bad film. And yet, we have to be very careful to criticize BvS or MoS around here because if we do, that's trolling, that's hating, the films are divisive, not really bad. The double standards are so ridiculous huge that it's hilarious to witness. I'll be the first to call a 55% Marvel Studios or Star Wars film a BAD film, not divisive, not mixed. And that's regardless if I like it or not. I'd just like a moratorium in the use of the troll and hater words around here. The discussion is simply much more richier when people get to discuss the films themselves than each other user.

I think Andy's reply worded it well. But to add to it with my personal opinion, I think the mods are doing the best they can, especially with trying to maintain order while keeping most of us feel fair and equal in their treatment. I don't really fault them for sometime joining in with the fuckery a bit cause it can be pretty funny once in a while. And they're just like us. 

I understand your frustrations with being labeled as trolls or haters, especially when I do see that sometimes you try your best to state your opinions without biasness. I think you just come across too strong for some's likings. And as for others who just constantly dismiss everything you say and calling you haters upon sights, then who cares? You shouldn't be bothered by it. Ignore them. Easier said than done I know, but it'll be better in the long term.

• Like 4

So a short sum for now:

170.1M US

424M WW

-Best Opening for a Superhero Worldwide, beating The Avengers previous record 392.5M

in the US:

-Best WB opening ever

-Best Pre-Summer and March opening - beating The Hunger Games (152.5M)

-Best Easter opening - beating F7 (147.2M)

-Overtaking previous Batman films records (TDKR 160,9M & TDK 158.4M)

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Jesus Christ! Raise your hand if you thought The Revenant was going to gross over half a billion dollars worldwide?

You in the back, put your hand down! Nobody better raise their hands because NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING :o

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

IJack... you are not 100% wrong but there is no double standard and you are a little be hypocritical.

Yes... there are DC fans that are quick to blame everyone but the movie itself for not living up to their expectations.

However... there are plenty of non-DC fans that have been happy to point out over and over and over the issues with this movie and how it's been received.

That's trolling also.

This is the BvS main thread.

I think at this point the fans of the movie and DCMU have a right to talk about the movie's positives without hearing hourly about it's negatives.

We got the numbers thread to talk about BvS's BO.

We got the spoiler/review threads to talk about both the positive and negative issues of the movie.

We got the BvS vs CW and the Marvel vs DC threads to argue to our hearts delight the pros/cons of marvel and dc movies.

Lets get the talk happening in the right threads and this forum will be a much happier place.

I sincerely just don't understand why we can trash TASM2 and other poorly received films left and right and when it comes to DC films it's completely different. Never bad films, just mixed films.

I get what you are saying and I think the conundrum of this thing is that we should be encouraged to discuss the films box office and quality merits, instead of dividing the board over camps. Those who can't discuss ideas without resorting to attacks to each other should be simply called out. I get what you're saying about constantly pointing out negatives, I get that I'm to blame for that, but isn't it hypocritical when we talk about other films freely when this happens like Transformers, Pirates and the latest examples I can think of TASM2 and Mockingjay pt. 1 and 2, but when it comes to DC somehow we can't have a sane discussion without being careful to not break any eggs?

I more than welcome the discussion on the quality and merits of the box office of any franchise here, and I don't  personally see it as trolling. I like the debate, and if Ep VIII devolves to prequel quality, I'll call it out, if Marvel Studios screws up, I'll call it out them too. I want them to be good, and I like to talk about them, not becessarily with people that agree with me as long as they respect me. I've drink too much coffee and I've talked too much, but I appreciate you taking your time to answer me and being respectful. Most of all thank you for hopefully understanding  that's me attempting to some constructive criticism. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

I think Andy's reply worded it well. But to add to it with my personal opinion, I think the mods are doing the best they can, especially with trying to maintain order while keeping most of us feel fair and equal in their treatment. I don't really fault them for sometime joining in with the fuckery a bit cause it can be pretty funny once in a while. And they're just like us. 

I understand your frustrations with being labeled as trolls or haters, especially when I do see that sometimes you try your best to state your opinions without biasness. I think you just come across too strong for some's likings. And as for others who just constantly dismiss everything you say and calling you haters upon sights, then who cares? You shouldn't be bothered by it. Ignore them. Easier said than done I know, but it'll be better in the long term.

You missed the beginning of last week when iJack was screaming FUCK ZACK SNYDER on every page. I exaggerate, but only slightly.

• Like 4