CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

His contract is probably pretty good. They just don't throw his name into every spot/trailer. That shit is decided in the contracts. I think his contract includes JL1 and JL2 and WB will probably just have to deal with him until the end.

WB isn't going to invest $600-800M in Snyder-directed JL1 & JL2 just because of some contract. If they think they're better off with a change, they'll change. If they think they're better off leaving Snyder in charge, they'll stick with Snyder.

• Like 3

JL is definitely in potential car-crash mode. It has no discernible gimmick and its director is now a proto-Michael Bay, minus the internet's ironic appreciation.

I hate that Batman's caught up in all this nonsense but it's fascinating to watch.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Normally I would be in the camp that says this is the peak, but it's not like this film had positive buzz and great WOM leading up to release. If they absolutely knock it out of the park with Justice League, I could see them actually pulling off an increase with that one. But the odds are very slim. They wrote the script for the JLA films long before BvS was finished and began receiving the big thumbs down from critics. They would have to completely re-do the entire project. I think someone like Whedon could nail it if they gave him the time to work on it. But it's not likely.

Snagging Whedon would not only help the DCCU, but the genre itself. Joss Whedon helping to shape the Justice League as well as the Avengers is the equivalent of what JJ Abrams did for Star Trek and Star Wars. I heavily endorse that possibility.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Normally I would be in the camp that says this is the peak, but it's not like this film had positive buzz and great WOM leading up to release. If they absolutely knock it out of the park with Justice League, I could see them actually pulling off an increase with that one. But the odds are very slim. They wrote the script for the JLA films long before BvS was finished and began receiving the big thumbs down from critics. They would have to completely re-do the entire project. I think someone like Whedon could nail it if they gave him the time to work on it. But it's not likely.

Can you imagine the vitriol from Marvel fanatics if Whedon goes over to DC though? 

Dude has it tough with The Avengers series already, the guy probably want rest from all of that for a long while. Read that he goes back to writing comics, which would be a good thing for him atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

How about we maybe wait till next weekend before those proclamations. It held better than Furious 7 on Saturday by 4% and dropped more on Sunday by 4%. 

If it outright collapses next weekend, you have a point else it's just compensating for a better Saturday hold.

You know this shit will sink next weekend. It is inevitable. :sadben:

Not joking. I am expecting a drop around what MoS did.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kitik said:

Did you miss BvS? It featured the Big Two, Batman and Superman, and they even threw Wonder Woman in there. It ain't gettin' any bigger or better than that.

This was it. You only get one movie that gets to be the first ever team-up of Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen. Not two.

Are you serious have you seen the movie and the way it ended. LOL. JL will be way way lighter and more accessable. Even Terio has said that in interviews. JL will DC's TA.

Yes, I think Whedon is tired of the big franchise stuff. It's not likely at all that they would even give him a chance though. I think at some point they will just make the business decision that as long as the films are making money then that's all they care about. They have already gone so far down the rabbit hole with Snyder that it would be very difficult for them to hit the reset button.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With apologies to Ezra Miller, a terrific actor himself, Grant Gustin's The Flash is gonna take a lot to live up to. Too bad he can't play him on the big screen.

This.

Grant Gustin is perfect in the role.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How about we maybe wait till next weekend before those proclamations. It held better than Furious 7 on Saturday by 4% and dropped more on Sunday by 4%. 

If it outright collapses next weekend, you have a point else it's just compensating for a better Saturday hold.

It's not me saying that the slow down is kicking in, it's Gitesh. And it's not isolated either, it's happening in China as well. Week days will keep giving us obvious indicators to that direction. Feel free to ignore it though. 

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Can you imagine the vitriol from Marvel fanatics if Whedon goes over to DC though? 

Dude has it tough with The Avengers series already, the guy probably want rest from all of that for a long while. Read that he goes back to writing comics, which would be a good thing for him atm.

Only stupid Marvel fanboys would do that, and they are no better than those DC fanboys saying stupid nonsense about the MCU. 

Whedon could definitely do it if given the time he needs. I'd actually say he is the safest choice to WB pursue it. Will they do it? Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath. 

5 minutes ago, kitik said:

WB isn't going to invest $600-800M in Snyder-directed JL1 & JL2 just because of some contract. If they think they're better off with a change, they'll change. If they think they're better off leaving Snyder in charge, they'll stick with Snyder.

Even investing around 700M in both of them will probably give them heavy profit since each one should do 1B WW.

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

Are you serious have you seen the movie and the way it ended. LOL. JL will be way way lighter and more accessable. Even Terio has said that in interviews. JL will DC's TA.

With Synder still directing? No way. DC wants to set itself apart from Marvel with a darker tone.