CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, RichWS said:

"It's mythologically okay." 

tumblr_nxvcvtKWMd1to7aq5o1_400.gif

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Huh, you're right -- for some reason my memory was that he was pretty dismissive of it. Maybe all this weird latent fanboyism exploded in a backlash. I'm mystified by how you'd be thrilled by so many aspects of MOS and then frustrated and angered by BVS -- the two movies basically have the same weaknesses and strengths. 

I think the critics want Snyder off and thought if they were harsh enough this time WB will off him. Faraci tweeted that he's actually excited that reactions of the critics have changed with time and they are mostly agreeing on everything. It's weird for a critic to say he's excited to slam a movie .... I remember people started tweeting him asking if he meant good reaction or bad and others were answering " he said he was excited ,logically, it means good reaction.Don't think he would be excited otherwise" then someone gave him a link to some discussion saying that the fan boys are afraid that you are trolling them with the excited part , he tweeted that he must read their posts, and after he did he tweeted a big laugh.

He was having so much fun hating on this movie it seems.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Bayformers has made Hasbro a ton of money.

So they were willing to give Bay a share of the toy profits to keep him as director.

Sweet jesus, I imagine what he is getting now since he signed to do two more of these things. I just find it hilarious that he always says it is his last TF movie but money, his power (I would accept it too). 

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Bay & Snyder should co direct a movie together, written by Roland Emmerich.

This would destroy Force Awakens WW total easily.

This is a movie the world needs in those dire times.

Hahahah...300 brave men take on transformers amidst climate change.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it is an average opening period. A movie with two of America's most well known heroes should be opening closer to 190m. 

Received well, this movie could be challenging the OW of Avengers or JW, particularly over a holiday weekend.

After Star Wars, nothing in pop culture captivates America like these two characters.

It's looking like a huge opening, but certainly nowhere near this property's potential.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sweet jesus, I imagine what he is getting now since he signed to do two more of these things. I just find it hilarious that he always says it is his last TF movie but money, his power (I would accept it too). 

There probably is a bet going on between Universal and Paramount over who can extend their franchise the most.

FF vs TF : Dawn of One Last Ride

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Being serious it's a state holiday  in many States And A National Holiday IN Canada...

Does that mean matinees should be higher?

YES.

I actually think tracking under Ultron on matinees is a pretty bad sign. 

It s interesting though to see how badly Snyder has fared with critics throughout his career, there s definitely something about his style and aesthetics that rub these guys & gals the wrong way.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Just remembered that Roland made STONEWALL and had a nice laugh

LOL I didn't see it but just from everything I could tell that it was the most whitewashing BS of nonsense ever made. And to think that was something of a passion project from him...

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Screw life, I'm out of likes. 

Good news! We have a sale this weekend on Gold Accounts! You get a lot more Likes with it!

• Like 4