CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Weird, honestly never heard of it.  But I've lived in very liberal/secular areas my whole life in the States so whatevs I guess.

Lol forget the religious value...

You get a Friday Holiday! 

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Finally saw it in glorious IMAX 3D.

Spoiler

Started off slow and I would have cut the Knightmare as it adds nothing, but once it got going boy did it get going.

Liked it a lot. Affleck was freaking awesome, Eisenberg was brilliant as well. Gadot gives us a good tease for WW and her theme music is beyond awesome. The wife liked it as well.

Great audience as well. Lots of applause at the end. Some diehards in there for sure, some people booed when the Civil War trailer started and huge applause at the Suicide Squad trailer. All other trailers were received indifferently.

Off to see it again now in IMAX 2D with my Ultimate ticket, and then will probably watch in RPX tomorrow and round it all up with a normal 2D showing on Sunday.

That was actually one of my favorite things about the movie.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Honestly and with no disrespect, it is silly and out of line. Drops will be steep, it's just the nature of the weekend. Add the BvS climate and how frontloaded the preview obviously is for cbms and do the math.

Now that you say it I am sure it's not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

It's good to know those people exist in the real world.

They know it will be much better..

It pains them

The establishment...

The critics 

The new world order

They are all out for dc comics.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Guys it's down to a 7.6 on IMDb. That toxic WOM is happening as we speak. Bring down all your original estimates. The movie is going to crash and burn come Saturday/Sunday. 

What's weird is that the reception of the members of this board is surprisingly positive (even Tele loved it), in my 3 showings reactions were extremely positive, and in local websites the comments are overwhelmingly positive about the movie. It's a small sample, but still very weird.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

What's weird is that the reception of the members of this board is surprisingly positive (even Tele loved it), in my 3 showings reactions were extremely positive, and in local websites the comments are overwhelmingly positive about the movie. It's a small sample, but still very weird.

Love sounds a bit strong.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

How is that weird? That's what you expect on here. Skews towards the positive & always has.

Is it possible that bad reviews have lowered expectations so people end up liking it more then if they had prior high expectations ?

Meaning with Spiderman 3 hype was so big and evryone though it be great with great expectations leading some of the harshest feedback I seen against a modern blockbuster? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Guys it's down to a 7.6 on IMDb. That toxic WOM is happening as we speak. Bring down all your original estimates. The movie is going to crash and burn come Saturday/Sunday. 

Don't ever trust IMDb, especially when the voting has been up for like 4 days..... most of those votes are 10 or 1's.

• Like 1

Come on, how many trolls have rated the film 10/10, and 1/10 on IMDB without having seen it? Not to mention probably other trolls who after seeing the bad reviews had some fun. 

IMDB score in a couple of months? Yeah, okay, more believable. Right now? No way to know who really saw it.

• Like 1