CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yeah but that one especially so. Think it's Trans5mers-WW-Spidreboot-Apes in a 4 week span lmao

And then Dunkirk with the mercy killing :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Lol. None of those guys are doing a comic book movie anytime soon (or in Fincher's case, forever)

Best case scenario is that WB decides to bring in one of their favorite steady hands, David Yates

Nah, he's probably gonna do the FB trilogy.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Fantastic Beasts is probably less important to the future of WB than Justice League and could be switched with someone else if they wanted but I'm sure WB will keep him there.

Brad Bird could do one but it's not happening anytime soon, especially since he'll be busy with Incredibles 2 for the next couple years.

I think they will want to keep him there.

Yes, Bird is busy. But there is a strong chance he will do one at some point. Whedon will never touch the genre again while Fincher has better things to do lol.

43 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Well Friday could be a little lower as well. We'll know soon enough

43 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If I had to guess this isn't just about some terrible Sunday drop but also that Friday and possibly Sat were overestimated in the first place. Wasn't someone saying it was around 80.5 million and then the estimate ended up being 82?

Hmm that makes sense. Sat is prob closer to Rth's 50.5 instead of the reported 50.92 estimate. The rest will prob be from a lower Friday.

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yeah but that one especially so. Think it's Trans5mers-WW-Spidreboot-Apes in a 4 week span lmao

Summers are always full, and some movies are always eventually moved and shifted around. Guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Fantastic Beasts is probably less important to the future of WB than Justice League and could be switched with someone else if they wanted but I'm sure WB will keep him there.

Brad Bird could do one but it's not happening anytime soon, especially since he'll be busy with Incredibles 2 for the next couple years.

If they switched directors for JL at this point, they'd probably have to delay filming. Of course they have a fairly large lead-time built in, so that shouldn't be a problem.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, if they intend to switch the whole tone of the movie and the series, which I think some people here want, they'd have to change the script all around too, and at that point it might be time to throw out most of the current script (save for one or two parts they like and could fit into a new version), and start a brand new one from scratch, which could lead to some major shuffling and delays.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Summers are always full, and some movies are always eventually moved and shifted around. Guaranteed.

If they switched directors for JL at this point, they'd probably have to delay filming. Of course they have a fairly large lead-time built in, so that shouldn't be a problem.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, if they intend to switch the whole tone of the movie and the series, which I think some people here want, they'd have to change the script all around too, and at that point it might be time to throw out most of the current script (save for one or two parts they like and could fit into a new version), and start a brand new one from scratch, which could lead to some major shuffling and delays.

Im just spitballing, no change is probably happening until a 2nd film. We will be in for the Snyder express again and we will like it

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Everyone is wanting Snyder to be replaced, but correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure Tele will), but isn't he under contract? I doubt WB can't just legally drop him and replace him. Plus that would be some bad PR on Warner's part and may cause some bad blood.

What they could (should) do is un-split JL and get someone else for the sequel, but I don't think they can just send Snyder packing once he's signed the paperwork, unless its in the contract that he's under their mercy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Also, I said this last night earlier in the thread but Fincher is also notorious for going overbudget. Can you imagine what a comic book movie made by him would cost in the end? Lawd.

They might like the idea in theory but I don't think comic book fans would actually be head over heels for what a Fincher comic book movie would be like

i am really amazed by some people here or all actually thinking JL will not do better. It is all these heroes together first time where they crack jokes and fight a huge DC villain ect... Do these people think it will be as dark and gloomy as MoS and BvS or something like that. Anyone with half a brain would know the JL movie(s) will be more light hearted have a different tone altogether and accessable for way more multiple viewings by the general audience.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

What is even Batman 66? We live in the Earth after Crisis on Infinite Earths. That thing is nothing but a myth, it never really happened. :lol:

Are you kidding me? Batman 66 is the shit!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Everyone is wanting Snyder to be replaced, but correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure Tele will), but isn't he under contract? I doubt WB can't just legally drop him and replace him. Plus that would be some bad PR on Warner's part and may cause some bad blood.

What they could (should) do is un-split JL and get someone else for the sequel, but I don't think they can just send Snyder packing once he's signed the paperwork, unless its in the contract that he's under their mercy.

They could dump if they wanted to. Seems unlikely that they will but stranger things have happened

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

It'd be nice to think this kind of thing would put studios off planning expanded universes ten years in advance... but of course it won't.