kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

12 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Speaking of things that keep me from posting more often, the mods should clean up the design of the site, or reorganize it.  I mean, to even get down to see new posts  you have to scroll past 4 sub-forums and 10 freaking pinned threads.  This along with how slow it loads and operates is not a good user experience.  

True, but first we need a new pinned thread to vote on which 5 threads should be pinned.

The Vote for the Pinned Threads Thread.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Been watching YouTube reviews and most say very similar things. The rising hero guy sees the more complex nature of this film. But nobody, I think, fully understands the batfleck. This is good. This film will be discussed at film schools for years.

Seriously believe Alfred Hitchcock could have written this style of cbm. 

Unlikely. Generally critics and film scholars (professors) go hand-in-hand. I went to film school and I don't think we looked at a single film that got a negative RT score.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Been watching YouTube reviews and most say very similar things. The rising hero guy sees the more complex nature of this film. But nobody, I think, fully understands the batfleck. This is good. This film will be discussed at film schools for years.

OIQZ4EV.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Unlikely. Generally critics and film scholars (professors) go hand-in-hand. I went to film school and I don't think we looked at a single film that got a negative RT score.

Did you ever ask yourself why that may be?

Excuse me, I need to go bang my head against the nearest wall.

The human mind is conditioned to look for pattens and meaning in things that may appear at first glance to have an underlying complexity when in reality there is no underlying meaning to be revealed.  Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Did you ever ask yourself why that may be?

Excuse me, I need to go bang my head against the nearest wall.

Cause film schools are supposed to teach people about how to make great films so it's useful to use films that are universally well-regarded to teach students the basics?

17 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Maybe. Hitchhock did make a handful of stinkers during his career.

24 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Speaking of things that keep me from posting more often, the mods should clean up the design of the site, or reorganize it.  I mean, to even get down to see new posts  you have to scroll past 4 sub-forums and 10 freaking pinned threads.  This along with how slow it loads and operates is not a good user experience.  

Hmm, maybe we can have a second box office sub forum for the 4 subforums and most of the pinned threads.

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cause film schools are supposed to teach people about how to make great films so it's useful to use films that are universally well-regarded to teach students the basics?

"Great films" as judged by strangers making subjective judgements?

Not what I would call a Liberal Arts education.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

HOW DO YOU BRAINWASH YOURSELF INTO FORGETTING THINGS. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. I AM ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

What has been seen cannot be unseen.  

Its probably been said, but I didn't bother reading anything afterwards. Yes, that trailer spoils the beginning and end, but barely touches on the middle of the movie, which is the best part and still totally worth watching!

• Like 3

• Community Manager
Just now, SWXII said:

"Great films" as judged by strangers making subjective judgements?

Not what I would call a Liberal Arts education.

Judged by the majority of the film community as a whole. The film scholar community isn't that big, you know.

• Like 1