abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

20 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

GotG isn't attached to TA yet. I look at it as an outside MCUU film just like SS for DC.

Yes it is.  Thanos was actually in Guardians.  It's actually the only movie he has a real role in.  

Just like Batfleck is in Suicide Squad.

You might look at it as an outside film, but that doesn't mean it is.  They are both connected to their respective universes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

No I'm not. This time I've actually learned how to do this thing, I'm going with Fast 7's numbers and placing it slightly under. Think, if keeps going slightly under F7, the tendency is that going forward, these numbers will slightly keep going to make BvS gross less than the film I'm mirroring, Fast 7, which ended its run with $353m Dom. 

you do realize that F7 have a multiplier of 2.4x, if BvS is slight lower than F7, then say 2.3x then BvS would be sitting at around $381mil. Even with 2.2x it will be making $365 mil ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Just a little warning for the negative voices, just be careful. These numbers may very well be the highest opening numbers this year. BvS can still out gross Deadpool and fight off CW to take the yearly SH crown.

I think it needs at least 1.2 to have a shot at taking the superhero crown. Honestly I have a feeling Suicide Squad will beat everything this year.

1 minute ago, aliadiere29 said:

I still don't get why people want this movie to fail.

I just want it to vanish ASAP so people here can stop having the same arguments over and over and over and over again each day about it, not because I heavily disliked the movie. Like it feels like it's been out much longer than less than a week all because of it.

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, the WOM is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be ijack.  I don't see a problem with it doing a 2.45X and hitting 400.

It's currently behind IM3 which went on to a $72.5m 2nd w/e and finished with $409m.  Even if it does your generous $63m, I think  $380-85m is the highest it could go.  If it does $55m over the weekend as projected by BO.com then $350-360m is quite possible.

As for WOM, it's Flixster score was 72% after opening weekend, not bad but not exactly good for a blockbuster. 

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Started a Podcast, would like to maybe make it the unofficial podcast of the forums. Hopefully you can ask questions and stuff. Made a page in the Speakeasy for it http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21497-cinema-sesh-podcast/ 

You can listen this week here http://cinemasesh.libsyn.com/episode-006 we breakdown the weekends box office, BvS, News, blu rays, new releases.

Thanks

You should've titled it the BODcast ;)

Will take a listen later; I'm actually working on my own podcast too right now, gotta edit it ASAP. But yeha, coolio :)

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

you do realize that F7 have a multiplier of 2.4x, if BvS is slight lower than F7, then say 2.3x then BvS would be sitting at around $381mil. Even with 2.2x it will be making $365 mil ...

It's falling under F7 and started above F7. So of course that if it followed F7 it'd be bigger. It turns out that it's not looking that way imho. It's falling behind F7 and I think the tendency due to the motives I've cited is that trend will keep going. We've used Australia numbers to predict the tendency a film has in the US in several circumstances here, the fact that DeeCee is seeing it going under F7 there as well just makes my theory stronger imho.

6 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

I still don't get why people want this movie to fail.

I don't want people to lose their jobs (except get Snyder out of the directors chair. Have him handle visuals only) but I don't want this movie to be a huge success. The potential was there for something great. If it's a big success that tells WB that audiences want more of the same thing and they can rush out another product like this.

This movie should have never been this bad. (I get there's people that love it).

This movie could have been great but there is excellent reasons for why so many have torn it to shreds. I still am stunned WB greenlit it and that they couldn't come up with something better after all the time they had plot wise.

If it fails, we could get way better movies then what we got with the DC universe going forward.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Why is Blank bumping the threads for every single movie opening this year? lol.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

He's just spreading the love.

LOL, I finished my BSG predicts, so I wanted them on the record everywhere. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I don't want people to lose their jobs (except get Snyder out of the directors chair. Have him handle visuals only) but I don't want this movie to be a huge success. The potential was there for something great. If it's a big success that tells WB that audiences want more of the same thing and they can rush out another product like this.

This movie should have never been this bad. (I get there's people that love it).

This movie could have been great but there is excellent reasons for why so many have torn it to shreds. I still am stunned WB greenlit it and that they couldn't come up with something better after all the time they had plot wise.

If it fails, we could get way better movies then what we got with the DC universe going forward.

I feel Snyder did as good as he could with a complicated movie involving Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman for the first ever time,

Yeah, it's got awful reviews and it's mixed with the general audience. But a lot of people loved the movie and loved the direction WB is going for.

People saying they want a big property to fail is pretty silly.... considering it could delay the DCEU even further, which obviously wouldn't be a good thing.

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It's falling under F7 and started above F7. So of course that if it followed F7 it'd be bigger. It turns out that it's not looking that way imho. It's falling behind F7 and I think the tendency due to the motives I've cited is that trend will keep going. We've used Australia numbers to predict the tendency a film has in the US in several circumstances here, the fact that DeeCee is seeing it going under F7 there as well just makes my theory stronger imho.

Lets not count our chickens yet. Lets wait until this weekend and if it can't beat F7 second weekend then you have a point.