Biggest OW All Time in Brazil and other countries

Biggest Global CBM OW

Biggest CBM OW in UK

Biggest Flash OW

Biggest Aquaman OW

Biggest Affleck OW

Is it enough to you or you want more?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMhamjO6yxJHW7zBUJeNV

Here's a complete list of $50M+ movies such that no movie with a bigger opening had a worse multiplier:

TFA: 247M/3.77x

JW: 208M/3.13x

TA: 207M/3.00x

AoU: 191M/2.40x

IM3: 174M/2.35x

DH2: 169M/2.25x

SM3: 151M/2.23x

T:NM: 142M/2.07x

T:BD2: 141M/2.07x

T:BD1: 138M/2.04x

50SoG: 85M/1.93x

Edited by Murgatroyd
Missed one.
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

IM3 got really good reviews when it came out. 

IM3 has a solid 79% score with both critics and public. Saying that IM3 had "bad reviews" is just a flame wars thing, it has a similar score that other big and well liked films have, like The Renevant, Donnie Darko and hell, even Mad Max: Fury Road, the latter has a very high critic score but a 86% score among the public. IM3 is a well liked film, people need to stop with this nonsense that for a film to be "well liked" it needs to have a high eighties score in Flixster and stuff like that. Those aren't "well liked" film, those are films with universal acclaim, and they don't happen very often. 

Okay, real talk: BvS has broken three records of note.

1.) Biggest Easter Opening

2.) Biggest March Opening (Unadjusted)

3.) Biggest Spring Opening (Unadjusted)

When adjusted for inflation, The Hunger Games takes the latter two. Breaking it down by genre, by franchise, and by both weekday and month (as opposed to one or the other) is narrowing the field to the point where breaking the record carries no real merit.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 3

I nailed @Rth estimate of 8.5m yesterday and then it came in at 8.1.  He is seldom over by 5%, it must be crashing by the hour.  I have to say it continues to slide faster than FF7. 

Gotta go with

latest?cb=20130608154258

OR lower, but I had to go with my favorite number here

Edited by No Prisoners

Alright let me just put this out there right now as I had a heck of a laugh over all of these BVS "records." If I ever come on here with Episode XI just having opened to 28% reviews and on the verge of a miserable crumble for the second weekend and I throw out things like "Biggest opening weekend for a Star Wars movie with the planet (whatever)" or "Biggest Star Wars movie after the opening of the expansion at Star Wars Land" or whatever other nonsense please just ban me and end my misery. :P lol.

This will be by far the biggest movie ever with both Batman and Superman in it, though. So that's not nothing!

I watched the original cut of Sin City tonight (not the chronological garbage)

Now THAT'S how you do a dark and gritty comic book movie.

Which Sin City is. One of the best too, IMO

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Biggest March OW

Biggest Easter OW

Biggest March Monday

Biggest March Tuesday

Biggest DC OW

Biggest Batman OW

Biggest Superman OW

Biggest Wonder Woman OW

Biggest Zack Snyder OW

Biggest WB OW outside of Summer 

Biggest OW All Time in Brazil and other countries

Biggest Global CBM OW

Biggest CBM OW in UK

Biggest Flash OW

Biggest Aquaman OW

Biggest Affleck OW

Is it enough to you or you want more?

Ugh, did you type this with one hand?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

2 of 3 roommates who all work in film still haven't seen it. They passed on seeing it opening tonight to "wait" yet they love batman and saw Mad Max, Jurassic and Star Wars owning day reviews were brutal 

Mad Max did less in total than BvS in OW. Lol.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Biggest March OW it's not like March has seen many big openers previously. Just HG was 150m+. AIW at 116m. Rest below 100m. Bar wasn't high.

Biggest Easter OW Apart from F7 Easter didn't have big openers. Titans at 61m is after BVS and F7. All the rest below 50m ow. Bar wasn't high.

Biggest March Monday see above..(bar wasn't high)

Biggest March Tuesday see above..(bar wasn't high)

Biggest DC OW TDK and TDKR had no 3D.

Biggest Batman OW TDK and TDKR had no 3D.

Biggest Superman OW Batman's presence helped BVS.

Biggest Wonder Woman OW Wut?

Biggest Zack Snyder OW Same crappy legs as most Snyder films.

Biggest WB OW outside of Summer Bar wasn't high.

Biggest OW All Time in Brazil and other countries that's creditable

Biggest Global CBM OW only one to release in 99% of the global market in the same week

Biggest CBM OW in UK that's creditable

Biggest Flash OW LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

Biggest Aquaman OW LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

Biggest Affleck OW Bar wasn't high. Even a 60m OW would have given Affleck the biggest OW of his career.

Is it enough to you or you want more? more. you are hilarious

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I don't know where is appropriated to talk about something that I think that shows that the fate of Justice League is still up in the air with Zack Snyder directing it, but I don't know where it's appropriate to post. This NOT a drill folks, it's speculation, yes. But the "when there's smoke, there's a fire" kind. Where should I post it? Here, on the Batman v Superman thread or the Justice League thread. I really want to talk about this because I'm excited and well. Feel free to tell me to shut up. NOT APRIL'S FOOLS, and I'm not joking. 

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't know where is appropriated to talk about something that I think that shows that the fate of Justice League is still up in the air with Zack Snyder directing it, but I don't know where it's appropriate to post. This NOT a drill folks, it's speculation, yes. But the "when there's smoke, there's a fire" kind. Where should I post it? Here, on the Batman v Superman thread or the Justice League thread. I really want to talk about this because I'm excited and well. Feel free to tell me to shut up. NOT APRIL'S FOOLS, and I'm not joking. 

Hmmm...let's see...JL is DC. So I guess the CW thread?