abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

C'mon Cjohn thats the lamest excuse ever. NO ONE is saying oh the movie has to do well it got great reviews.Clover field lane does HALF as much with a 19% on RT. 

I would have saw Ninja Turtles if the reviews were better. If it effect me then lets say it effects 1 of every 15 people. Imagine 1/15 people even got turned off by reviews by BvS and said naw I'll wait.  Thats 11m OW. 11m that could have gone to BvS that Wb is missing out on. 

EoT with a 19% on RT wasn't gonna make 30m OW. interest picked up when reviews were great. 

Its not a science, but movies do well for multiple reasons. While yes Marketing plays a BIGGER/BIGGEST role (no one is saying it doesn't) Its not the only role. Even if critics effect 5% of the population, thats a sizable effect when your talking million or billions of dollars. 

The buzz week off leading into a movie is HUGLEY important. Especially in an age where you have so many blockbusters.

Star Trek 3 has got Bourne and SS right after it. You're telling me with allll those movies fighting for attention Reviews don't matter? Star Trek gets a 50% while the Buzz on bourne is strong. ST is dead in the water. But guess what, what if buzz the week of on ST is strong and reviews are good? Then they have the buzz that week not bourne. Everything goes into play. you guys can't be so close minded on this shit, think about all angles all senerios. 

I used to watch a lot of crap before RT. I couldn't always trust the local reviewers. One warning I had when renting videos was if the review on the cover was from North Dakota. That probably equates to 5% on RT now. I find that movies under 20% just aren't watchable. Ill use the meter to loosely base decisions on whether Ill pay for it in a theater(70%+), or renta(l50-60%+) or wait for it to appear on HBO (20-50).

But I find that most people I talk to don't even know about RT. So they don't know the consensus and could be going by a local reviewer or none at all and are going due to marketing and WOM. So I wonder how much effect it has at times. A lot of crap movies make a lot of money on WOM. Funny, the best reviewed comedies often due the worst BO for a star like Ferrel or McCarthy and vice versa

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Napoleon is fun...he's going down with the ship like a good captain.

Except that he goes down not out of bravado but due to an inability to acknowledge danger. So he shouldn't get credit for inadvertently going down :lol:.

If he was on Titanic he would be shouting "Our half will keep on floating" after the ship cracked into two.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Except that he goes down not out of bravado but due to an inability to acknowledge danger. So he shouldn't get credit for inadvertently going down :lol:.

If he was on Titanic he would be shouting "Our half will keep on floating" after the ship cracked into two.

LOL.

Delusions should never be commended. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Hahahaha that's hilarious!! 

• Like 1

Marketing is only as good as the actual, uhh, marketing. You know the last time I didn't see a comic book movie on preview night? Yeah, me neither. Can't even remember what. BVS had such shit ass trailers I didn't even bother. I'm usually the easiest butt to get in seats - I even have Movie Pass so it's not a money thing. It's a I-won't-waste-extra-time thing lol. 

Next time maybe when you have such iconic characters don't rape them repeatedly with Superman Returns (sucked), Man of Steel (lame), and then BVS. There's only so much gang rape Superman can take. Poor character has been beat like the red headed step child.

41 minutes ago, kitik said:

who's going to win the race this morning? Gitesh, Deadline, or Nilephelan? (Or maybe a surprise appearance from spatulashack or Rth?)

RGilinephelanshack

11 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I think you've posted this just about enough.

It has passed 50,000 views. Comments are nearly all positive. Sorry if it stomps on the conspirators narrative. Well not real sorry. Not sorry at all actually.