kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Right, because they really know how maths work. Here's what the article says:

"Analysts are predicting a 60 percent to 65 percent drop from the film’s opening weekend, during which it debuted to $166 million, meaning industry experts are expecting $63 million to $65 million for the superhero slugfest in its second round. "

Somehow, 60% to 65% drop = 63 to 65M week-end. Maths don't check out. I am concluding that The Wrap have no idea what they're talking about.

I am predicting a standard 65% drop for BvS which would equal a 58M 2nd week-end, not 63.

I think you are low balling it a little bit, but anything over 57mil is still pretty good ....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

You are going to put permanent labels on usernames to make fun of them ? 

Nope.....but maybe I will do this scene from Weird Science

tumblr_o4lpx8jybJ1svldsfo1_500.jpg

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No it's not, it was 12,2M estimated and 12M actuals

Do you want to know how much the film made in dollars here in Brazil by Brazilian sources? Mojo is the most reliable box office data website on Earth. The exchange rate is messy, the right numbers are probably the ones you're seeing at BOM.

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

I think you are low balling it a little bit, but anything over 57mil is still pretty good ....

Honestly, it's hard to tell. It could go either way.

Here's what this thread looks like so far when trying to predict the coming week-end:

giphy.gif

:ph34r:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Do you want to know how much the film made in dollars here in Brazil by Brazilian sources? Mojo is the most reliable box office data website on Earth. The exchange rate is messy, the right numbers are probably the ones you're seeing at BOM.

BOM source is the studio, the same as all the other websites that reported $12M actuals.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

BOM source is the studio, the same as all the other websites that reported $12M actuals.

I don't think that's for the weekend, buddy. We have three types of exchange rates for dollar, and I'm not sure if the actuals don't account for taxes as well. 

People are taking this shit far too seriously. The movie's already a hit. 

That Thursday number is solid (all things considered).

The only controversy is the poor critical reception. While I didn't like the movie a good chunk of my friends liked/loved it, I can't pretend that because I didn't like it means other people didn't.

The back and forth about this movie (which has led to adult men turning into nut jobs) has become tiresome.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Subzero said:

The Fanticipation movie-buzz indicator gives the superhero saga 91 points out of 100, and the ticket-selling platform is seeing repeat ticket purchases — 30 percent higher than any typical blockbuster.

“Movie fans continue to be excited about the trinity of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, battling together on the big screen for the first time in history,” said Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis.  “This film is delivering something we’ve never seen before in a live-action superhero movie, and fans are returning to see it again in theaters this weekend.”

How reliable is Fandango? lol

How do they know that tickets are 'repeat purchases?' They have a database of patrons, I guess? Forgive me, we don't have Fandango here.

13 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Where are the other numbers in the thread title?

Or are people having too much fun debating the same thing they have debated for months...

The ZOOTOPIA and MBFGW2 numbers are from a Deadline article.

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't think that's for the weekend, buddy. We have three types of exchange rates for dollar, and I'm not sure if the actuals don't account for taxes as well. 

I don't care, the real number is what WB releases. BOM is clearly wrong

We used to have fun when we made fun of movies before.  Even when there was a backlash against Twilight it was never this harsh, never this mean and it never felt like people were taking the success of failure of those films too seriously.  But there is a vocal minority here who have poisoned this site for about two weeks and it has to stop.  It's gone too far.  When you start making this an uncomfortable place to hang out at, then there will be changes.  You disruptive twits have no one to blame but yourselves.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

We used to have fun when we made fun of movies before.  Even when there was a backlash against Twilight it was never this harsh, never this mean and it never felt like people were taking the success of failure of those films too seriously.  But there is a vocal minority here who have poisoned this site for about two weeks and it has to stop.  It's gone too far.  When you start making this an uncomfortable place to hang out at, then there will be changes.  You disruptive twits have no one to blame but yourselves.

We have to be wary of becoming like reddit, where even numbers are getting downvoted if it doesn't fit people's agenda.

• Like 2