kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Do you represent all teens ? 

No. As I'm not a teen but the notion that it's gotten an A rating from all teens and young adults is false. And I teach 9th grade biology right now and half my students loved it while the other half hated it so it's certainly not getting an A-rating from teens and young adults. 

5 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Minority opinion 

Well there is a reason why it's tanking in several markets right now, 1 billion doesn't seem possible right now despite a 425 million opening. I'm not saying it's terrible but legs aren't going to be strong here and I think we can point to a large portion of the audience not taking to it

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

To be fair, you're really comparing apples to oranges. Avengers is a full cast of superheroes banding together, vs. bat vs sup where you have only 1 movie to develop a character (superman from MOS) because ben affleck's batman had to be developed (I'm assuming?) in this movie. It would have been a fair more accurate comparison if it were Justice League, and the characters have their own background movies out.

The best comparison for BVS would in terms of content and purpose would be Iron Man 2.

2 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

My Facebook is blowing up with how bad everyone thought the movie was. Haven't seen one person with a positive thing to say. WOM seems to be kicking in. Strange since there were no comments either way till last night. 

Really? I've seen a lot of people I know that loved the movie. Some of them didn't like the ending (for obvious reasons I won't say), but overall they loved it and thought it was good. They only thing they said was that it wasn't really a kid movie, said it was dark but I guess that's comic book accurate?

Just now, MrPink said:

Well there is a reason why it's tanking in several markets right now, 1 billion doesn't seem possible right now despite a 425 million opening

Still waiting for IMDb , rottentomatoes audience score, metacritic audience score to drop below 6 . 

Just now, MrPink said:

Well there is a reason why it's tanking in several markets right now, 1 billion doesn't seem possible right now despite a 425 million opening

It's not taking, it's holding better than F7 in most countries except Asia. It doesn't have summer weekdays

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Really, guys?

Yes. In fact I call fake. I can produce many positive bvs reviews and negative ones with positive outweighing the negatives on Twitter if you want me to from the last hour 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stoffe said:

Youre so hilarious defensive about the movie, its so funny.

I'm not defending the movie I'm defending the truth

People are going insane with the hate for this movie, I don't know if they're trolling or are just plain crazy

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It's not a great overall number considering it won't perform like im3 over the weekend as it does not appeal to families. 

You haven't even been in a theater to make this judgment. I've seen it twice and both times there were a shitload of families and little kids. It's not getting to $400m because it has bad WOM period, not because of any demographic issues.

Just now, Napoleon said:

I'm not defending the movie I'm defending the truth

People are going insane with the hate for this movie, I don't know if they're trolling or are just plain crazy

I wanted Snyder gone as well. Then I saw the movie. Now I want Snyder to stay so the hate makes them claw their face with frustration 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Still waiting for IMDb , rottentomatoes audience score, metacritic audience score to drop below 6 . 

And if the legs are bad do we still place faith in the open voting or the final tally of grosses?

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's not taking, it's holding better than F7 in most countries except Asia. It doesn't have summer weekdays

Seems to really not be holding that well in most countries outside of Latin America. The drops aren't as bad outside of Asia but still not very good

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

And if the legs are bad do we still place faith in the open voting or the final tally of grosses?

The movie will likely make 100-200 million less because of critics reviews but it will make more than 800 because it's better than 5/10

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Who are these teens and young adults? I'm a young adult and I certainly didn't give it an A rating. 

That was based on Deadline's report regarding cinemascores across different demos. Don't assume the rest of America will copy your score, wtf.