WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

We could see a better Saturday right?? (trying to find bright spots here lol)

Not sure. With the amount of schools that were out this week, combined with this movie not being a family film, I wouldn't count on it.

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

There's no spinning it, awful drop.

Yeah, this is a really bad drop. What's crazy is that it's looking to fall-off so much with no competition whatsoever; imagine how much this would've dipped had it faced something like the crazy Monsters University/World War Z weekend like Man of Steel did.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This is an outright disaster for Warner Bros. and they have to make a move to fire Zach Snyder.  Then from there, and I already think this is in the works with the leak earlier that Affleck has written a script, they delay Justice League and move forward with the stand alone Batman film.  

If they do that, then Suicide Squad likely does well, Wonder Woman is successful and then you get a really good Batman movie.  After all of that success has soaked in, you have someone competent direct Justice League.  

So here we go, if this actually happens and this weekend ends up being this big a fall, then Drew McWeeny was a prophet.

He called it all.

EDIT: And no competition, geez that's even worse! All the studios moved bigger movies out of this weekend because they thought this would dominate still.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I posted a couple of pages back that 316ish will get him past his lowest multiple (Sucker Punch) but Watchmen's multi only gets tot he 323 that you bring up so yeah - 330 is likely

WHAT IF ZOOTOPIA OF ALL FILMS BEATS BATMAN V SUPERMAN?????:jeb!:

That would make me happy. Zootopia is an excellent movie and BvS is the polar opposite of excellent. Good films do not always win over bad movies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

Not sure. With the amount of schools that were out this week, combined with this movie not being a family film, I wouldn't count on it.

yeah, it's more me being rhetorical then anything else. It will be doing well to get a 50% bump (35-40 is more likely.) I am just having a hard time actually fathoming that it's imploding - nearly 15 years following Box Office and this is a rare sight for such a "big" film

15-17m? Well damn lol

Im planning on seeing it tomorrow. 

Regardless of whether it's good or not this movies box office performance has been underwhelming, at best. Anyone who thinks WB didn't expect this movie to be a near Avengers level event at the box office is absolutely kidding themselves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jb007 said:

That would make me happy. Zootopia is an excellent movie and BvS is the polar opposite of excellent. Good films do not always win over bad movies.

Yeah that makes me happy - I really enjoyed Zoo and if it were to beat BvS that would be the icing on the cake for it's run - from my perspective.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

If this follows Furious 7

15m

20.25m +35%

12.15m -40%

47.4m :o

Similar to DH2's 2nd weekend of ~47m after a 169m ow. But that had 44.5m in previews and 124.5m true OW. BvS had 138.3m true OW. So would be a bigger drop than DH2 off of the true OW.

However, I feel it will have a better Saturday and Sunday and do 50m+ with a 15m Friday. If Friday is 15.5-16m, ~52m could happen.

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Suicide Squad predicts have to be reigned in a bit now too. If you don't, you aren't paying attention.

The reports that they are changing the movie's tone in the editing room is definitely a bit concerning. Get your shit together, Warner Bros.

• Like 3