WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

The truth is, any defenders here are being told to f off basically. It's an interesting social experiment though, everyone's true colors are showing and it's pretty ugly. To those asking why I or other people who like the film care so much? You might say it's just a film, but seeing such vehement hate and negativity directed against the film ever since the beginning, well, for a fan, it's kind of saddening, granted, it's "just" a film but it's tiring, and repetitive, and predictable. 

I have no idea what you're talking about. We're discussing a box office drop.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

Ouch 

Under 15.5 Rth is GOD and not dead!

224 eh? Just needs another 127m to catch up with Deadpool

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just got called a troll because I said a 70% drop isn't normal. Let's not sit here and pretend it hasn't gone both ways. 

you think that is all you have said against this movie. Give me a freakin break!

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Under 15.5 Rth is GOD and not dead!

224 eh? Just needs another 127m to catch up with Deadpool

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Rth said that 15.5-16M was wishful thinking. So I am pretty sure he always thought it wouldn't reach 15.5M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quigley said:

If it performs like IM3's 2nd wknd: $56M

Like Cap 2: $53M

Like FF7: $48M

I'm betting towards the lower end. Complete disaster. Might even make less than HP7:P2 ($47.4M)

FF7 makes more sense since it's coming off basically the same post Easter/Spring Break week. 

I'm a bit surprised it jumped on Friday so much less than FF7 considering BvS was pacing close to it's dailies all week.  I was expecting maybe 8-10% lower than FF7's 2nd weekend in the mid 50s.

Well, since Friday underperformed my already-modest projection ($16.1 million), time to recalculate my time series forecast.

Saturday - $19.4 milliion
Sunday - $11.5 million

Second Weekend Total - $46.2 million

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

If you don't like something & that's what you truly believe why should I not be allowed to express that? The numbers & reaction also happen to back that up. Give me the good news on the box office the last couple days from BvS? From the Asian numbers to here, it's been awful last 48 hours.

Bingo. 

20 minutes ago, mredman said:

still better hold than DH2

20 minutes ago, mredman said:

looks good enough to me its a normal drop for such a big movie.

DH2 had summer weekdays so the weekend bump was much smaller.

70% drop isn't good for any kind of movie.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

If you don't like something & that's what you truly believe why should I not be allowed to express that? The numbers & reaction also happen to back that up. Give me the good news on the box office the last couple days from BvS? From the Asian numbers to here, it's been awful last 48 hours.

because you behave like a troll on imdb. if you cant see that then you cant be helped

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

you think that is all you have said against this movie. Give me a freakin break!

What have I said? Please enlighten me. Are you offended because I didn't like it? Or because I said it wasn't risky? Those are my opinions and I'm entitled to have them. Just like everyone else is. I've done nothing but express my opinion and use numbers that have been presented. You've gone around personally attacking people because they don't agree with you. Mods I'm pretty sure you said that personal attacks wouldn't be allowed. 

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have it missing $50M. The Final Four and Wrestlemania WILL play a role. 

And Walking Dead. People keep forgetting it's one of the highest rated shows on TV and the finale is going to be huge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

DH2 had summer weekdays so the weekend bump was much smaller.

70% drop isn't good for any kind of movie.

Also DH2's true OW was 125m. BVS's true OW is 138m. So removing previews it's falling harder and doing so, like you mentioned, without summer weekdays (DH2 did 14m more Mon-Thu; 57m vs 43m). Edit: Not to mention the added rush of the 7th sequel of a decade long successful franchise.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5