WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Because there's nothing else out there that kids and adults can enjoy together.

just because of that? hmm I thought I read something here like this sub 20% drop was "not surprising and expected" so maybe there was another legit contributing factor. cause sub 30% on the 5th week is already good enough even with no competition but sub 20% feels a little unusual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wars said:

Why does this suddenly matter now? and not for all the other movies..

It's pretty rare to have a high-profile movie delayed/put in turnaround/pushed back only days from shooting (assuming it happens). And even rarer for anyone to care enough about it to publicly say anything about it on a forum.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Deadpool is now the #1 movie worldwide from the X-Men Universe.

$352,633,934 + $396,500,000 = $749,133,934

And the INT numbers haven't come in plus the weekend isn't even over yet. What a beast! Can this get to $800M WW? 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

& other people without work right now will have jobs doing something else. That's business.

Of course. It's just an ugly thing to root for, especially when the only reason to do so is because you didn't like a movie.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm not really excited about reading the last 50 pages or so. :mellow: 

Just as an aside (from reading the last couple of pages before the lock), everyone who publicly wants Snyder fired and the JL project delayed -- there's human collateral damage if your wishes come true. A few hundred people -- all the below-the-line crew -- will be out of work and scrambling to find ways to cover rent/mortgage payments/cost of living. When a project gets delayed close to its start date, it's very difficult to find a replacement job quickly, especially any sort of long-term work. All these crew members had financial security for awhile, their lives at least somewhat planned out for the near future. Often-times, with a high-profile feature like this, once you're booked, you turn down other work because projects like this are better. So the jobs you might've had are also gone (in most cases) because you were already booked on JL. 

It's easy to hate on Snyder and the really-high profile cast and crew because they're extremely well-paid and they'll be fine, one way or another. But the below-the-line guys (and gals) are just working folk. 

I know it's not gonna change anyone's opinion of what they want to see happen, but at least recognize that it's sort of an ugly thing to want.

Hey, stop it with your logical reasoning Tele. 

:sadben:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Cjohn I don't know if my post about the 15.5 number got deleted or not but what you said was what I was also saying. Rth said 15.5 was wishful thinking and when the number came in under 15.5 that showed Rth is still God and not dead.

Oh ok, sorry about that :lol: I answered that way because some people said there was a 15.5M correction by Rth which is not true. 

All Hail RTH. 

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

So we're supposed to support whatever movie comes out just so people can keep their jobs? Was it their choice to get into the film business? Yes! Did they know the risks? Yes!

There's a difference between supporting a movie and then actively rooting for people to lose their jobs. For instance, a lot of people worked on Meet the Blacks. I'm not going to see it. I didn't like BvS. I'm not rooting for the JL production to be delayed so that WB can fire Snyder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

It's pretty rare to have a high-profile movie delayed/put in turnaround/pushed back only days from shooting (assuming it happens). And even rarer for anyone to care enough about it to publicly say anything about it on a forum.

Well a lot of people on here want Ascendant to be canceled lol

I find it strange that sports fans can't understand the basic psychological mechanisms at play with BvS 's bo run or any movie bo run really.

Rooting for a movie, against it or not giving a shit, it s all good fun, nothing less, nothing more.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

This neutering of the board is kinda silly, I must say. 

Well let's hope the threads stop reading like guttertrash so the mods can put their pitchforks down

If there wasn't such a toxic gamergatery black cloud hanging over the forum they wouldn't have to spam silly ban warnings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm not really excited about reading the last 50 pages or so. :mellow: 

Just as an aside (from reading the last couple of pages before the lock), everyone who publicly wants Snyder fired and the JL project delayed -- there's human collateral damage if your wishes come true. A few hundred people -- all the below-the-line crew -- will be out of work and scrambling to find ways to cover rent/mortgage payments/cost of living. When a project gets delayed close to its start date, it's very difficult to find a replacement job quickly, especially any sort of long-term work. All these crew members had financial security for awhile, their lives at least somewhat planned out for the near future. Often-times, with a high-profile feature like this, once you're booked, you turn down other work because projects like this are better. So the jobs you might've had are also gone (in most cases) because you were already booked on JL. 

It's easy to hate on Snyder and the really-high profile cast and crew because they're extremely well-paid and they'll be fine, one way or another. But the below-the-line guys (and gals) are just working folk. 

I know it's not gonna change anyone's opinion of what they want to see happen, but at least recognize that it's sort of an ugly thing to want.

Just don't fucking dance

151211115429-the-big-short-brad-pitt-780

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, department store basement said:

To lighten up the tone of this thread...

What's everyone on this forum excited for that's coming out this April?

Hardcore Henry

Jungle Book

Keanu

• Like 1