WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

I love that all of a sudden DC has no goodwill and audiences will refuse to see anything with their name attached. Good lord. :laugh:

DC still has the comic world, video game world, merchandising and television on lock. One lackluster movie is not going to destroy their future movie prospects.

5 minutes ago, jedieb said:

It seemed like yesterday there was talk of $18-$19M, not we've come crashing down to $15.3 and a possibly a sub $50M 2nd week. Ugh. And yet, I've seen it twice and in July I'll be seriously tempted to shell out $129 for this...

91tZtGkA4-L._SY445_.jpg

OMG I WANT THIS. NOW.

Just now, Chaz said:

I love that all of a sudden DC has no goodwill and audiences will refuse to see anything with their name attached. Good lord. :laugh:

DC still has the comic world, video game world, merchandising and television on lock. One lackluster movie is not going to destroy their future movie prospects.

I'm sure, or at least I hope, that no one is saying that. The only thing that is for certain is that WB's DCCU plan is unlikely to completely go forward as it was originally.

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Nobody has said that and most everyone agrees that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman should do well.  What people are saying is that audiences are not going to fall for another Zack Snyder directed DC movie.  

• Like 2

Holy Shit that's a really fucked-up Fri number.

On the OW BvS' actual take dropped like 4m from the estimation. With that in mind, I think the number of this wknd might even go lower when the actuals come. Damn!

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Nobody has said that and most everyone agrees that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman should do well.  What people are saying is that audiences are not going to fall for another Zack Snyder directed DC movie.  

Audiences don't know who Zack Snyder is

48 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

lol yeah this is not an art film. Anomalisa is an art film, Batman V Superman is not. 

I think a lot of folks will change their opinion when the ultimate version is available. 

It will be a collective, ohhhhhhhhhh, that is artistic.

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Can BVS make 800 million worldwide or is it already doomed to stop making money for next weekends?

That domestic drop was huge. Maybe overseas grosses might give a tiny boost, I assume.

Dude overseas is not helping it. It fell 86% in China. It's as good as dead there already.

53 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

C'mon man don't give the poor guy PTSD!

That image is like seeing someone light 9 dollars on fire and knowing that all is lost.

Sorry. Was not meant to be personal. 

I did that with a pizza once. Crust was still good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I think a lot of folks will change their opinion when the ultimate version is available. 

You are aware that the version now out in theaters is the only version almost everyone in the world will ever see, right? This isn't Blade Runner.

Yeah, I'm outta here.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

hahaha I hope the Ultimate Cut truly fixes things....I doubt it though. As far as artistic though...haha that's still a no. No movie that has a climax like this can be considered artistic. It's standard big blockbuster fare.

TDK could maybe be considered artistic....but not this.

And there's the Superman version:

91iP797pFwL._SY445_.jpg

The Batman is my favorite.... but with patience it won't be $129 for long...

12 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Wait until the 2nd week when the stores drop the price by 71%. :P

That was pretty good. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I know the China drop is bad, but fortunately there are other places around the globe, lol.

Well from what I've heard it cratered in Russia, all asian markets and is doing similarly bad in both the UK, Germany and Australia as it is here. The only place I've heard it's doing okay in is South America (others can confim who follow the international threads?).

Sorry dude, don't mean to be a downer but it's not looking good.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I know the China drop is bad, but fortunately there are other places around the globe, lol.

It made $19M on Friday INT so it's dropped a lot (71%) around the globe and if you go to the INT threads you'll see the drops its having across a lot of countries. The only exceptions are those in Latin America.