WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

5000 post and you don't know FSS

I mean I had to look up CBM recently, but me thinks yours had better context:stooges:

I don't even recall FSS before reading dhd articles on BVS.

Haven't heard anyone use it except them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep, no more apparent than the latest O/S round up where the report painstakingly told us what % of market share it had without actually mentioning the % drops in almost every territory from Fri-Fri.

I mean WTF is this?

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-china-box-office-fight-1201730430/

lol..this is something new.

Revising my weekend estimate in light of this:

Sunday - $13.5 million

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL - $51 million

That's a 63.1% drop, sans Thursday pre-shows. That's bad, since the "normal" drop was 55.6%, but nowhere near as bad as it could be.

Edited by johnboy3434

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Revising my weekend estimate in light of this:

Sunday - $13.5 million

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL - $51 million

Huh. I'm confused. Is my math wrong? Isn't that like 15 plus 20 is 35, then plus 13.5 is 48.5? Even add some change and you're at 49. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh. I'm confused. Is my math wrong? Isn't that like 15 plus 20 is 35, then plus 13.5 is 48.5? Even add some change and you're at 49. 

Well it's 15.3 for FRI

And it's now 22..2 for sat

If Zootopia's hold maintains as DHD predicted.... Judy Hopps really should do a casting to be the new Energizer bunny, since her movie just keeps on going and going. Infuckingcredible. Will probably overtake Deadpool as the #1 film WW either today or in the next few days. Are we talking 900M WW now?

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If Zootopia's hold maintains as DHD predicted.... Judy Hopps really should do a casting to be the new Energizer bunny, since her movie just keeps on going and going. Infuckingcredible. Will probably overtake Deadpool as the #1 film WW either today or in the next few days. Are we talking 900M WW now?

900M without Japan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

ZOOTOPIA, my goodness.

Yeah, IMO this is an example of the positive impact that good reviews and word of mouth can have. Basically, everyone who has seen this film, critic or regular audience member, has liked it. So lots of "oh, you should go see it, it's so funny" talk and the like having an impact on these holds. 

I never thought Zoo could crack $300m DOM, but now ...

• Like 2

Of course WOM matters. BvS wasn't helped by all the negative press and clickbaity headlines, negativity is such a powerful beast and that's not me making excuses. Perception is huge. If for example Justice League PT 1 manages to snag good reviews and is indeed lighter as Terrio and Deb Snyder say it's going to be, then it will pass BvS. 

Zootopia is a phenomenon, like Deadpool, I think you rarely see those kind of box office hits with incredible holds that gain steam weekend after weekend. 

• Like 1