WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

Are you always this melodramatic?

I am already seeing less reactionary statements towards the movie. That means everyone can be less melodramatic on both sides.

7 hours ago, department store basement said:

Nope.

There are ZERO movies so far this year that I've given higher than a B+. I can't see that changing until Oscar season, even with rewatches.

I wish I understood what this meant.

The extended version will change everything. 

Rth has 'liked' all these posts.

5 hours ago, ecstasy said:

14.2 would be closer to the estimate. Hopefully that's the number.

5 hours ago, Orestes said:

12 would be hilarious, but sadly it's 14.2.

5 hours ago, ecstasy said:

Nope. I just checked. He used price, issue number and the rating.

But I'm gonna go with the 14.2.

5 hours ago, Sam said:

Gotta be 14.2 cause 12 is just ridiculous. That's like a -47% drop from Sat estimate. 

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, SWXII said:

So, does BvS go over 700M worldwide today or tomorrow? Just wondering. 

Planning to see it again Tuesday and maybe again Saturday.

Likely Tuesday or Wednesday

Still in the top 10 for second weekends. But I believe it was ahead of 6 of those movies for its opening weekend. Shows you how big its opening weekend was but also how big its second weekend drop is. 

14 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

If its 12, Rth will plunge this thread into chaos! :lol:

Whatever number BvS do from now on is irrelevant. As soon as RTH posted Friday's number was $15 million dropping 80%+ from Friday before, we all knew then WOM is toxic and general public has spoken loudly.

So a few million less than predicted will not surprised people in here anymore.

They shouldnt have meltdown or chaos.

This movie is officially done at the box office. It will die quickly and we will wait what WB wants to do with the franchise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Whatever number BvS do from now on is irrelevant. As soon as RTH posted Friday's number was $15 million dropping 80%+ from Friday before, we all knew then WOM is toxic and general public has spoken loudly.

This movie is officially done at the box office. It will die quickly and we will wait what WB wants to do with the franchise.

It is still #1 ticket seller on MT by an extremely wide margin. Heading towards a third weekend at #1. I predict 850M WW in 10 days or so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I wouldn't say it's done as it has around another $90M to make domestically, but a 69% drop isn't something to be optimistic about going forward especially with very little competition this weekend. That's what's most concerning in my opinion. The drop was going to happen whether it was 50%, 55%, 60% and so on but the fact that it dropped so much with little to no competition doesn't look good in terms of what kind of legs this film is going to have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

a 69% drop isn't something to be optimistic with NO competition this weekend. 

I added the bold word.

This is the problem here. Next weekend it will drop hard. I fully expect that.

I added the bold word.

This is the problem here. Next weekend it will drop hard. I fully expect that.

I think the drop next weekend will be softer than this weekend. It'll prob end up around $23 or $24M which is roughly a 55% drop. I can't see it dropping another 65-69%. That would be too much and it would be a flop. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I can't see it dropping another 65-69%. That would be too much and it would be a flop.

To be honest, it will not surprise me one bit. 60%+ drop is happening next weekend.

You will see daily numbers this week to prove this.

To be honest, it will not surprise me one bit. 60%+ drop is happening next weekend.

You will see daily numbers this week to prove this.

I guess once the weekly numbers come in we can have a better understanding of where it's headed but an important thing to remember is that this week not many schools are on Spring Break like they were last week so if the weekly drops are high that may just mean a higher weekend end number hence a lower weekend drop. 

• Like 1