jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

1 minute ago, langer said:

To any WB plants roaming these boards trying to figure out the BvS demographics, please note that I will buy another ticket to BvS if you release the director's cut. 

Please use these info for your market research:

I'm single - mid 30's - love cats - hate dogs - drink sodas at the theater - eat popcorn but throw half the bag under my seat when the trailers are done

You can send me a golden ticket via PM. 

I'm waiting. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, AJG said:

No. If we hear reports of WB meddling more than usual in the production of Justice League then we will know.

If the directors cut is recieved better than theater release its a message to WB to stop meddling 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

No. If we hear reports of WB meddling more than usual in the production of Justice League then we will know.

I could have sworn I saw something on twitter a while back. Didn't capture it though. Don't remember who or where. Way too late to look for it.

25 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Snyder is now finalizing a cinema package for the ultimate cut (the cut Snyder wanted) to be possibly released in theaters, this might be out in 3 weeks 

If the ultimate cut gets released in theaters, it might be an hundred additional theaters, if that. 

WB is going to release the director's cut right around the time that Civil War comes out. Sorry that's not going to happen. WB specifically moved back Batman v Superman so it didn't have to go up against CW and now that BvS is free-falling and has negative WOM, they're going to re-release it right when CW comes out? I mean I guess they've done dumber things like let Snyder direct BvS and JL after MoS. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

WB is going to release the director's cut right around the time that Civil War comes out. Sorry that's not going to happen. WB specifically moved back Batman v Superman so it didn't have to go up against CW and now that BvS is free-falling and has negative WOM, they're going to re-release it right when CW comes out? I mean I guess they've done dumber things like let Snyder direct BvS and JL after MoS. 

WB has nothing to lose at this point 

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

WB has nothing to lose at this point 

Actually they do. The 3 hour cut is a big home sales draw that could bring a lot of DVD/Blu Ray buys as well as rental. If the cut is as badly received as the original films, they will lose a lot of money and add more hate to BvS in the process.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

If the directors cut is recieved better than theater release its a message to WB to stop meddling 

Yeah, jeez WB. How dare you be unsatisfied with a 3 hour R-Rated cut of what is supposed to be one of your flagship family franchises. It's almost like you want to stay in business or something. Don't you understand that Snyder is an arteeest?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Focus said:

How would releasing the director's cut of BvS help? It's not like people are clamoring for more and being R-Rated means losing the family audience.

Shhhh. BvS was never for family audiences.

Edited by RandomJC
  • Like 1

I still don't understand why Warner & DC are alienating the family/kids audiences this much.

Between BvS and Suicide Squad, I don't see the toys of these two movies sky rocketing, at all.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm not sure they have much to gain either. Very few would run to see that. Does WB have no other possible hits for the remainder of the spring, summer?

They have some decent-sized tentpoles spread about but nothing really says $200m+ potential except Suicide Squad.