jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

I still say Snyder did a decent job with the first too thirds of the movie.

That last third was ridiculously bad.

So, I believe he has a good Justice Legue movie in him. But if the JL script is like the last act of BvS, then WB is in real trouble.

People were divided on why F4 flopped. 

Some thought it was strictly a quality issue and others pointed out accuracy.

I don't recall anyone outright defending the movie, though.

Edited by grey ghost

Just now, johnboy3434 said:

I'm actually wondering how much the theater count will drop (if any) on Friday. Anybody with expertise have projections?

Couple hundred, the numbers are still okay and there aren't many wide releases to take the screens. Three wide openers next week - should lose a thousand or so then

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm actually wondering how much the theater count will drop (if any) on Friday. Anybody with expertise have projections?

I think someone mentioned it'll most likely be shed by most of the premiums screens (IMAX, AVX, etc)... unless maybe WB has an exclusivity deal with IMAX for a certain # of weeks?

13 minutes ago, jse said:

I think someone mentioned it'll most likely be shed by most of the premiums screens (IMAX, AVX, etc)... unless maybe WB has an exclusivity deal with IMAX for a certain # of weeks?

When The Jungle Book starts, it's supposed to lose all the IMAX screens. That's all that I know about this.

20 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

The 2 releases this week are getting 3000+ theaters each. IDK if they'll be getting premium screens.  I imagine it'll be at least 10% of theaters lost but most likely a higher percentage of screens. 

We often don't get a screen count. So when theaters are dropped by only 400, it could lose a majority of its second and 3rd screens in each theater. With zoo, boss, bvs, and possibly Henry all expecting to do 15-20m there could be a balancing of screens that would take away a good deal from bvs.

Edited by No Prisoners

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

There was still one strong fan for that too....

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

gb0078

never forget

There was more than one person stanning for Fant4stic. I won't name names but that thread was full of people who proclaimed that every image and trailer, no matter how shitty, was absolutely flawless. They lobbied to have clubs and discussion threads closed because they couldn't take any criticism of the movie.

And then when Fox finally shat that monstrosity out into theaters its most vocal defenders instantly disappeared. I still can't figure out where all the stans went. :thinking:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why would BvS drop that many theaters? It is still the number 1 movie of the weekend!

400?. It's a guess. Taking it down to 3800. They tend shed faster when drops are harsh. And expected to continue. Zoo  had 3700 for last weekends 19m outing.  The 2 new releases will go in 3000+. 

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

A Ultimate cut of BvS might solve some of the plothole problems,but won't make the  many other things wrong with this film any better.

Are you saying Eisenberg won't be replaced with Brian Cranston in the DC?

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

800m is not an acceptable number for this film. Sorry

It's those "expectations" again.   Maybe Supes and Bats aren't as big as assumed?

9 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

shd cross $700M global tonight on way to $900M to become #6 superhero pic of all time.

He still believes in $900M. :lol:

hmm..I think it's early to rule out 900m.

After the global 2nd weekend of 136.5m (51.3 dom + 85.2 os) it was ~218m away from 900m.

So I feel 900m is likely but not much above that (~920m).

Edited by a2knet