jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

16 minutes ago, Ent said:

I don't know if SS is being overpredicted or not but the similarity with GOTG is only on the outside.

GOTG main attraction character in a strict marketting point of view was Rocket Racoon.  He was the one the marketting focused the most to attract families.

I don't see any similar character in SS to attract that specific target.

What? You mean you don't see families crowding to witness the lovable charm of Jai Courtney?

GIF_suicide_squad_captain_boomerang.gif

• Like 13

1 minute ago, rukaio101 said:

What? You mean you don't see families crowding to witness the lovable charm of Jai Courtney?

GIF_suicide_squad_captain_boomerang.gif

Jai Courtney is an OMEN to each movie he has been. It will be a first if SS succeeded.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I almost want to say I feel sorry for Zack Snyder that he's become such a target of Internet wrath.

But then I remembered he gave us a movie as odious and misogynistic as Sucker Punch. And then I don't.

i've definitely come around to thinking that's his best movie. i mean, i'm not one of those "there's a bunch of deep shit here no one gets" assholes, i fully realize zack snyder made a movie about his whack-off fantasies, but still, got an energy to it that his superman movies could really use.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Kid: "Mommy, mommy, can we go see Suicide Squad?"

Mommy: (spits out coffee) "What!?"

- Most American household scenario come August 2016.

Kid: "Mommy, mommy, do I have to sit through another marvel clone.

Mommy: (spits out coffee) "What!?" Your going kid, I got an appointment at the Wal-Mart.

- most American households next month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

While BvS collapses spectacularly at the top, small movies continue to thrive at the bottom. Let's keep making 2016 great! 

terminator-2-funny-dog-gif.gif

Is 3 weeks at #1 considered bad with such strong competition?

Just now, cannastop said:

Holdovers don't count as strong competition. Also, there's a possibility BvS won't be #1 this weekend.

That would speak more to poor taste than quality of BvS if it is not #1.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Holdovers don't count as strong competition. Also, there's a possibility BvS won't be #1 this weekend.

Hold on, are you saying MBFGW2 isn't strong competition? :huh:

Spoiler

:ph34r:

Edited by RandomJC