jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

Just now, a2knet said:

Yeah I feel it's being over-predicted but considering it is uniquely enticing, has Joker and a couple big names, if it's a very good movie I expect 85-90m ow/250m dom.

I think the Joker is the biggest NEMESIS of SS, the fanboys like it a lots. But I think the GA is sick of such a character.  No way this joker will be better than Heath Ledger.

I am sticking that SS will do just like ANT-MAN or less.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yeah I feel it's being over-predicted but considering it is uniquely enticing, has Joker and a couple big hip actors, if it's a very good movie I expect 85-90m ow/250m dom.

Guardians was a film that heavily featured a trailer with the main character showing the middle finger and it ended with them being called a "bunch of assholes". Suicide Squad is a heavy title, but I think it can follow a similar path that Guardians did and even end up ahead of BvS domestically, maybe even WW, but the latter I'm not sure. I don't think it'll get to pass Deadpool, but it doesn't need to. Beating BvS and GotG would already be an insane feat.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

We're all amateurs here.

But yes, plenty of people here think that will happen.

If it truly happen that really sadden me

Talking raccoon and walking tree beat iconic superhero batman and superman at box office

Personally i think bvs is not really bad

Though its story structure so wacky that i finally get the whole picture after watching twice

1 minute ago, brownies said:

Talking raccoon and walking tree beat iconic superhero batman and superman at box office

Though its story structure so wacky that i finally get the whole picture after watching twice

Guardians of the Galaxy is an insanely awesome film. If BvS was a better film, it'd easily cross that. If anything, blame Warner for letting that happen, not that the better film is making more money. 

If you are the type that it's exclusive to a brand/fandom, I think Suicide Squad has a genuine shot of beating both BvS and GotG's Dom numbers. Not sure about Deadpool though because that thing is simply a fucking monster.

• Like 2

I think the reason why some superhero-movies like Spider Man 3, is more well received than BvS.....is.....you know SM3 (despite being one of the more flawed superhero-movies) at least had moments with heart & soul.

You feel for some of the characters in that movie. The Sandman-birth scene is one of the best scenes in SM3....and they pulled it off with an instrumental theme and no dialogue. And the action-scenes in there were thrilling and enjoyable. And that film did have some strong moments.

Even some Marvel-Cinematic Universe films like Iron Man 2 & Thor: The Dark World had some moments that were good in those films. Maybe that's why those movies don't have a very low rating like DC's BvS's 29%......but rather a rating inbetween the mid 60's to mid 70's.

"Fire Snyder, Hire XYZ" has become SO grating.

I get it. Am not a big on Snyder either - except for Watchmen haven't loved any of his work.

But he is not an incompetent wastrel who needs to be fired.

To me the biggest problem with BVS was editing. Can imagine studio heads demanding cameos and what not.

It's a collaborative process and his has talent enough to churn out a good JL.

It's just a CBM. Has to be worth a watch on the big screen, an enjoyable 2-2.5 hours. And he can definitely give us that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is an insanely awesome film. If BvS was a better film, it'd easily cross that. If anything, blame Warner for letting that happen, not that the better film is making more money. 

If you are the type that it's exclusive to a brand/fandom, I think Suicide Squad has a genuine shot of beating both BvS and GotG's Dom numbers. Not sure about Deadpool though because that thing is simply a fucking monster.

Im not the type that exclusive or anything

In fact since 2008 im watching almost all of mcu, xmen and dc properties at theate. Only fantastic four and green lantern thats really bad in my opinion

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

"Fire Snyder, Hire XYZ" has become SO grating.

I get it. Am not a big on Snyder either - except for Watchmen haven't loved any of his work.

But he is not an incompetent wastrel who needs to be fired.

To me the biggest problem with BVS was editing. Can imagine studio heads demanding cameos and what not.

It's a collaborative process and his has talent enough to churn out a good JL.

It's just a CBM. Has to be worth a watch on the big screen, an enjoyable 2-2.5 hours. And he can definitely give us that.

praise preach hallelujah funny applause

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

The combo of BvS and Zootopia remind me of a poor man's version of the Jurassic World and Inside Out combo.

Not really. JW had strong holds and stayed ahead of IO while BvS most likely will fall behind Zootopia in 2 weekends. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brownies said:

Exactly like me. First time I saw it, I was already expecting a bad movie after seeing the RT score and bad reviews.  I left the movie theater feeling like I understood the critics, but thinking to myself, is it really barely better than Fantastic Four??  I thought it was a good movie, but not a great movie. 

After a couple days, I decided to give it another shot and  the second viewing was much better.  If they release the R rated cut, I'd even see it another time. 

7 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

The combo of BvS and Zootopia remind me of a poor man's version of the Jurassic World and Inside Out combo.

Inside Out and JW were married happily together for weeks. Was fun to watch. 

I'm not sure what could beat IO's second place record in the future. 

5 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Not really. JW had strong holds and stayed ahead of IO while BvS most likely will fall behind Zootopia in 2 weekends. 

I didn't mean that, more like they're the red headed step children. 

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

And JW had better WOM & reception from critics & audience. :)

Just wondering, why several people here expect a huge superhero-movie to win the year, box office wise? When clearly, the latest superhero-films from Marvel & DC haven't won either DOM or WW.....post-Avengers 1. We always get surprises like American Sniper winning 2014, DOM-wise & Jurassic World winning the summer 2015.....etc. It's mostly never a superhero-movie like people thought....but gets overpredicted to win the year.