jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

15 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And JW had better WOM & reception from critics & audience. :)

Just wondering, why several people here expect a huge superhero-movie to win the year, box office wise? When clearly, the latest superhero-films from Marvel & DC haven't won either DOM or WW.....post-Avengers 1. We always get surprises like American Sniper winning 2014, DOM-wise & Jurassic World winning the summer 2015.....etc. It's mostly never a superhero-movie like people thought....but gets overpredicted to win the year.

Indeed, I made a bet in 2014 that the #1 movie was gonna be Star Wars in 2015, pretty much everyone I did it with said it was gonna be avengers 2. Well, they were wrong.

And I'm doing this bet again this year for Rogue One. And many will choose something else. :P

Nothing else needs to be said except, never bet against Star Wars.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Indeed, I made a bet in 2014 that the #1 movie was gonna be Star Wars in 2015, pretty much everyone I did it with said it was gonna be avengers 2. Well, they were wrong.

And I'm doing this bet again this year for Rogue One. And many will choose something else. :P

Nothing else needs to be said except, never bet against Star Wars.

Never bet against Star Wars except in 2002. 

• Like 1

Suicide Squad is being over-predicted. GOTG was a much more family friendly film, plus Suicide Squad isn't going to be R-rated like Deadpool, so what is the 'hook' besides The Joker and Harley Quinn? 

I think it has a chance to take the August OW record but have worse legs than GOTG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Suicide Squad is being over-predicted. GOTG was a much more family friendly film, plus Suicide Squad isn't going to be R-rated like Deadpool, so what is the 'hook' besides The Joker and Harley Quinn? 

I think it has a chance to take the August OW record but have worse legs than GOTG

Kid: "Mommy, mommy, can we go see Suicide Squad?"

Mommy: (spits out coffee) "What!?"

- Most American household scenario come August 2016.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

If the MPAA gives them R the first time I think WB will stay with that rating.

1 minute ago, Jordanstine said:

I can see this happen tbh

Thats why suicide squad needs to promote more fun to attract larger mass

Right now title alone may keep some parents away

39 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I don't know if SS is being overpredicted or not but the similarity with GOTG is only on the surface.

GOTG main attraction character in a strict marketting point of view was Rocket Racoon.  He was the one the marketting focused the most to attract families.

I don't see any similar character in SS to attract that specific target.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

"Mom, didn't you see the ad on TV? It can't be that bad."

-Most American teenagers in August

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If the MPAA gives them R the first time I think WB will stay with that rating.

And there is the Olympic games ahead.  Big competition + Marvel knows how to satisfy GA and DC know how to satisfy diehard fanboys There is no chance SS will be over 200M, which in my opinion is a huge success for WB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

And there is the Olympic games ahead.  Big competition + Marvel knows how to satisfy GA and DC know how to satisfy diehard fanboys There is no chance SS will be over 200M, which in my opinion is a huge success for WB.

SS will cross 200M, there's way too much interest for it not to.

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Lolwut? How is it a success to make less than $200 million?

There will always be clueless parents who will take their kids to anything, just look at the kid reports for Deadpool :lol: However, I'd say a good chunk will be cautious because of how dark BVS was. Sausage Party has a lot more to worry about :lol: 

7 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Damn i just remember theres summer olympic these year and SS open right along with it

I thought theres only euro 2016 as major sport event these year :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lolwut? How is it a success to make less than $200 million?

Ant-Man made 180M and was a big success to Marvel. Why shouldn't a 200m for SS a success for DC. Dont gets your hopes too high. It might end in the lower projections like BvS.