jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

Just now, CJohn said:

This week has so much potential. I think they won't switch the actors that play Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the SS cast. Everything else might change.

Snyder is getting kicked into a producer only role.

Can I post a spoiler in spoiler tags? Cuz I've got a thought in reply to this but it's a major spoiler

Whatever, delete this if you must

Spoiler

If it were me I'd keep Cavill's Superman dead and just launch it with Affleck and Gadot, lol. He was a black hole in BvS

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Can I post a spoiler in spoiler tags? Cuz I've got a thought in reply to this but it's a major spoiler

Hide contents

If it were me I'd keep Cavill's Superman dead and just launch it with Affleck and Gadot, lol. He was a black hole in BvS

Not a problem. 

But they can't keep him dead forever lol.

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Hide contents

My idea is WAY better. All we've seen so far happens in Earth 3. Say it was all Snyder's idea if you want to save face, get Bird, Whedon or even Favreau to direct JL with a 19/20 release. Then the real League shows up, saves the world from the Earth 3's league and all is right in the world again. Same actors playing two roles from parallel Earths. It's Snyder's shot of getting out of this as misunderstood genius, that was the twist all along.

And I'm not even joking.

Edited by iJackSparrow

JL starts shooting next Monday. There is no way of quietly delaying it. It will explode all over the Internet. So WB might as well do some damage control and make a press release about it this week.

• Like 3

LOL this is a joke right?! There's no way it's that low... That would put the entire week Mon - Thurs below $15 million which just seems insane.

Wow I'm starting to realize how ridiculous it is that TFA made $31 million on its second Monday, or roughly 10 times as much as BVS. Heck even go to the third Monday after holidays are over and it's way more than twice as much as BVS's second Monday.

I can't recall many major blockbusters falling this hard. I guess $350 million is looking out of the question.

With JL starting filming so immediately, I think any delay would just boost the budget and make things worse. I think for now the most sensible course of action is to try to cut costs during production and interfering as much as possible in the directing duties and (specially) the editing room.

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Yesterday was the NCAA final...

Furius 7 dropped 40% on Sunday and 76.2% on Monday.

BvS dropped 37.4% on Sunday and probably 77.8%-77.9% on Monday.

When we talk in percentages, it makes it look less bad than it actually is. It dropped less than F7 on Sunday, but it's going lower than F7 everyday since last Monday. I don't see any reason for this trend to change in the future either.

• Like 4

New day, same misguided thinking. 

Yesterday was the NCAA finals, the follow-up to Wrestlemania and opening day of baseball with a televised triple header.

And of course to compete against all this was a few other ratings grabbers.

But y'all keep it real. And watch for any unicorn stampedes

maybe 12m for the midweek

just 63.5m for Fri-Thu for a 272m tot

that puts the ceiling at 335m at 50% w/o/w average weekly drops starting Friday for the rest of the run, not likely

323m at 55% average drops, probable

313m at 60%, possible

303m at 66%, jesus Christ that would be the crash of all time for a tentpole. ya never know

299m at 70%, wont happen, they'll fudge pack it to 300m:stirthepot:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SWXII said:

New day, same misguided thinking. 

Yesterday was the NCAA finals, the follow-up to Wrestlemania and opening day of baseball with a televised triple header.

And of course to compete against all this was a few other ratings grabbers.

But y'all keep it real. And watch for any unicorn stampedes

Your world is so bright and happy. I wish I lived there. :sadben:

• Like 13

Thex

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

JL without Superman? Are you insane? I don't care if you don't like his role in BvS but it wasn't the character's fault that they wrote him off of his own movie. If there's a JL movie I expect to see all the core members not just the character that GA who never give a damn about comics want to see.

Fans of the character shouldn't have to pay for the sins of shit writer and director.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

Thex

Reveal hidden contents

Fans of the character shouldn't have to pay for the sins of shit writer and director.

And yet, no Martian Manhunter.:sadben:

4 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I was happy with U Deadpool DOM, but now I have a new dream: U Guardians DOM... Is that asking too much?

I'd say it's actually likely at this point. $333-$334m is in the most positive scenario for BvS considering the type of drops it's having. To give you an idea, the multiplier for a final number like this is 2.01. I see it as a best case scenario, but many better predictors than me have seen it above. I'm on a winning streak this year though and I can't see it reaching it there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Your world is so bright and happy. I wish I lived there. :sadben:

Hahahaha quote of the day! I agree, I guess I wish I could find such a positive spin to anything bad that happens for me. I would hire this guy for sales for sure :P