jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

WB should cut the 3D crap.

Just drop that laughable gimmick. Man of Steel was a 2D movie. BVS had NOTHING remotely 3D other than the ticket price.

3D is also making movies more expensive than they should be. If BVS had a budget of 250 million, what's gonna happen to JL? Will WB give a 350 million budget? That's insane.

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired filmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Do you think announcing that Kerry Washington would play Cyborg's love interest or something matters in a big picture sense?

We need to take the lessons that we've learned from stuff like the Sony leaks and apply to the other studios when they go through similar situations. Trades are sneaky, they like exclusives so instead of waiting for them to say the sky is obviously falling, a mouthpiece will say what the hardcore fans that care about this stuff something to "rally the troops".

Problem is that it wasn't effective. First the disconnect with the critics thing, this week saying they are looking at the numbers globally, when we know that they are not good. It's literally World War TASM2 II.

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Just drop that laughable gimmick. Man of Steel was a 2D movie. BVS had NOTHING remotely 3D other than the ticket price.

3D is also making movies more expensive than they should be. If BVS had a budget of 250 million, what's gonna happen to JL? Will WB give a 350 million budget? That's insane.

lol 3D is not why BvS cost 250 million

21 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired filmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Do you think announcing that Kerry Washington would play Cyborg's love interest or something matters in a big picture sense?

It would matter to me. :(

Kerry <3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

At World's End cost $300m 9 years ago and Infinity War budget will be very high...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Three words: Ben Affleck's Batman. For a 2018 release.

Justice League delayed to get it right. Maybe moving Aquaman to 2017, it could be done since Momoa and Wan will probably be both avaliable after Conjuring 2 ends post. How they could make that work I don't have a single clue but even fast tracking an Aquaman movie sounds more sane than proceeding as it is.

AFAIK they don't have a shooting ready script for any film except JL.  There's no way WB could have another film out by 2017.  For Batman even 2018 would only give them two years and why would Affleck take that responsibility and put his reputation on the line for a rush job?

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

AFAIK they don't have a shooting ready script for any film except JL.  There's no way WB could have another film out by 2017.  For Batman even 2018 would only give them a year and a half (less for a summer release) and why would Affleck take that responsibility and put his reputation on the line for a rush job?

Affleck already put his reputation on the line. The best he can do now is redeem it. 

49 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

No studio would ever say otherwise. Just look at how Sony reacted to TASM2 via press releases compared with the emails they were exchanging back then that ended up leaked. Something needs to be done, and I wish I was as confident as CJohn about this, and while I'm not, some social media movements of the actors make me think he isn't off the mark. I don't think they have made the decision to pull the plug just yet, but pressure for them to do it is probably unbearable at this point. Goldstein, the guy who has been the spokesperson lately saying that BvS "didn't take itself seriously" after the first weekend and that "there's a disconnect between the critics and the public" was just doing his job, which is saving face. I'm hopeful we'll hear something this week, but confident...? No, not yet. I think Snyder will go down with a whimp, not with a bang, i.e. they'll do it as quiet as WB possibly can.

They have 6 days to do that, then.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Affleck already put his reputation on the line. The best he can do now is redeem it. 

He put it on the line as an actor and came out unscathed.  He's doesn't owe the audience, WB or DC anything else, certainly not his rep as a director.

• Like 4

Just now, Franklin808 said:

Will Zootopia overtake BvS this weekend or next weekend?

Depends, if BvS tanks this hard the rest of the week it could happen this weekend. Most likely next weekend though

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

lol 3D is not why BvS cost 250 million

And the sad part is that I honestly to god think that Deadpool looks better than BvS. Too many green screens and rain and dark scenes that end up looking like bad cgi. I need to revisit Matrix Revolutions (ugh) to remember correctly, but I think that film's final sequence looked far superior and god knows how many years ago that was. There's just something about DD's look and all that darkness that puts me off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AFAIK they don't have a shooting ready script for any film except JL.  There's no way WB could have another film out by 2017.  For Batman even 2018 would only give them a year and a half (less for a summer release) and why would Affleck take that responsibility and put his reputation on the line for a rush job?

A fully underwater movie is a nightmare to shoot and not the kind've thing you want to push up on a whim

• Like 2