jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Superman Lives and Justice League: Mortal were cancelled mere weeks before filming was to begin and, honestly, who is to say, it hasn't already been delayed? 

Most of the time when these decisions (or any in general, regarding a film getting the greenlight or key players like directors, writers, actors, etc. getting hired) are made, it was done weeks, if not months, prior to it becoming public.

Yeah, very little of the actual goings-on become public knowledge, and never in a timely manner. This is an interesting case because they've already announced a start date and it's super soon, and we're going to know if it doesn't start shooting. It will cause a firestorm of reporting and chatter. It's Batman, after all

• Like 2

It is not possible they can do it quietly. The best I can see is a press release which also announces WW's new date, release date changes in 2018 and early 2019 (which include the date for the Batman movie) and saying that they need more time to do a great JL movie and set his release date in July 2019. For now, they will say Snyder stays as director. At some point next year they will anounce Snyder moves to producer in order for a new director to take over the project.

• Like 3

Listen, if in 2013 I had told you they were going to put Batman in the sequel to MoS and it would only increase by 40M domestically you would've called me a crazy hater asshole. And yet, here we are

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Listen, if in 2013 I had told you they were going to put Batman in the sequel to MoS and it would only increase by 40M domestically you would've called me a crazy hater asshole. 

Actually he would have told you to go beat your street ass.

• Like 10

Listen, if in 2013 I had told you they were going to put Batman in the sequel to MoS and it would only increase by 40M domestically you would've called me a crazy hater asshole. And yet, here we are

I probably wouldn't have said that :lol: but yeah, somebody would for sure. I understand the point you are making. Imagine saying that a Deadpool movie would make more DOM without 3D :rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

For comparison:

F7's second Monday: $3.6m

Deadpool's second Monday: $4.4m

For comparison

Zootopia's second Monday: 4.6m

Zootopia's third Monday: 3.7m

Zootopia's 4th Monday: 4.7m

• Like 6

Just now, CJohn said:

I probably wouldn't have said that :lol: but yeah, somebody would for sure. I understand the point you are making. Imagine saying that a Deadpool movie would make more DOM without 3D :rofl:

I made a bunch of posts about how I thought it was locked for 400M and would for sure outgross Civil War, by a lot. It's Batman and Superman, in the same movie!

100% wrong on this one, I own that. Toxic WoM will do that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is not possible they can do it quietly. The best I can see is a press release which also announces WW's new date, release date changes in 2018 and early 2019 (which include the date for the Batman movie) and saying that they need more time to do a great JL movie and set his release date in July 2019. For now, they will say Snyder stays as director. At some point next year they will anounce Snyder moves to producer in order for a new director to take over the project.

Here WB, here's your man to write your press releases, actually hire all of us to your think tank while you're at it. I'll impersonate Paul Dini by just thinking "What would Paul Dini do?" all the time. I have no idea what is your criteria to greenlight stuff but in light of the recent events, it's probably worth the shot.

• Like 1

I made a bunch of posts about how I thought it was locked for 400M and would for sure outgross Civil War, by a lot. It's Batman and Superman, in the same movie!

100% wrong on this one, I own that. Toxic WoM will do that

I said the same thing. I thought it would be the Avengers of the DC movies and smash Civil War back in June.

But in February I raised the possibility of ending under Deadpool and was destroyed by most members :lol:

I never expected this to end under 400M, let alone 350M :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Justice League isn't going anywhere. What Warner Bros needs to do is announce something big to bring some positive buzz to the DCEU. They should have done that before this weekend but they didn't. 

This thing imploded with a 70% drop against 0 competition. I am pretty sure they weren't expecting that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Justice League isn't going anywhere. What Warner Bros needs to do is announce something big to bring some positive buzz to the DCEU. They should have done that before this weekend but they didn't. 

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired filmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Do you think announcing that Kerry Washington would play Cyborg's love interest or something matters in a big picture sense?

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 3

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired fillmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Do you think announcing that Kerry Washington would play Cyborg's love interest or something matters in a big picture sense?

The best decision was to have that dude sending some spin into the press like the GA is loving it because we saw it on Twitter or whatever. :lol: There was nothing else they could have done. Staying quiet was the best decision.

If WB reveals a Batman solo movie, people will probably celebrate!

They could film JL. Once filming is finished, Affleck could film his Batman solo flick. Then, WB keeps JL shelved while Batman gets all the attention.

I think Batman is the Iron Man of DCU, isn't he? So, WB should focus on that.  Wonder Woman is Black Widow, Aquaman should be Thor. Cyborg could be Jarvis. Flash is Quicksilver. Superman is Captain America.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If it was me you would. Hell I probably said it was a bad move back then and you probably was one of the many that called me out on it. :P

I remember backing both Affleck and Gadot back then though. I hated the idea of Brolin being Batman and I think I was 100% right, since I believe that without Affleck's street cred as a actor turned talented director it'd have tanked even more faster than it is. I remember getting sort of upset that Jamie Alexander didn't get the Wonder Woman part because she does have quite the Amazon look, but defending Gadot because casting was never an issue that Snyder had. Hell, I think TODAY I'm literally the single one on this board that hated BvS and will champion Eisenberg as Luthor at the same time. It was completely misguided and it didn't make sense, but there is untapped potential there.

filmnerdjamie and me don't get along well and he probably has a better understanding of the industry than me, but while I get where he comes from by suspecting that "this is it" for the DCCU as it is and all we'll have is Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, I think his fears are greatly exaggerated. TASM2 had SEVERAL problems like the DCCU has, but the core cast wasn't that. And same applies to the DCCU, the problem isn't the cast. 

Call me a fucking lunatic but I still think the DCCU can be redeemed. The most special thing about the DC universe isn't this silly nonsense about tone, grim dark or serious takes on superheroes. It's parallel Earths. It's DC's capacity of regenerate itself and get back in shape after it gets screwed up. For me that was always DC's charm. Even if it takes to literally write off MoS and BvS out of existence, the DC mythology provided mechanisms to fix the DCCU in story, and in epic fashion. All it takes is some careful planning. And the Snyders getting the fucking boot.

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired filmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Three words: Ben Affleck's Batman. For a 2018 release.

Justice League delayed to get it right. Maybe moving Aquaman to 2017, it could be done since Momoa and Wan will probably be both avaliable after Conjuring 2 ends post. How they could make that work I don't have a single clue but even fast tracking an Aquaman movie sounds more sane than proceeding as it is.