jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

Just now, Emirazza said:

We need Rth now. :)

Rth is skydiving... or something. He already told us that it's $3.1m Monday. We'll only have the actuals at the end of the business hours, or never, at the pace WB is releasing it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Movies that opened to 50M and didn't get a 2x multi:

Fifty Shades

Paranormal Activity 3

Valentine's Day

Watchmen

That's it, that's the whole list

Snyder is an expert apparently in this list. 40% of the movies are his....lol

• Like 1

Just now, VGPOP said:

Snyder is an expert apparently in this list. 40% of the movies are his....lol

Well BvS isn't there just yet, lol. Has to finish under 332

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Depends on how they handle it. They need a turnaround. Something that would make people get confident on the DCCU's future.  Announcing that Ben Affleck is officially directing Batman for the 2018 release date of JL part 2 would easily generate more goodwill than simply going forward as it is. It is not recovering it, it won't grow, but at least it won't vanish.

I hope they could just change the director without delaying the project but everything is easier said than done here.

Just now, KATCH-2D2 said:

I hope they could just change the director without delaying the project but everything is easier said than done here.

Changing director this late in the game would mostly be for show, without a delay to rewrite things they'd still largely be making Snyder's movie

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

I think delaying JL would make it worse really. People who's debating seeing it or the potential repeat viewers might have no reason to go to see BvS if it's direct sequel is no longer a certain project.

I think it's very safe to assume that that's the main reason we haven't heard any news about JL delays just yet. WB didn't want to damage BvS's numbers any worse than they already are.

I think it's also safe to assume that there's almost no chance that they can move forward with an unchanged JL plan after this debacle. So expect some news. Soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if the 2016 Jungle Book, a movie no one expects to beat BvS WW, actually does beat BvS WW-wise. ;)

Also i made a WW-club about "The Jungle Book". Check it out to join there. http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21542-the-jungle-book-2016-over-maleficent-758m-ww/

Man.....who would have thought? BvS....sandwiched between 2 Disney films, Zootopia & The Jungle Book......and they both are likely to beat BvS WW....and probably go to $1B WW.

No one predicted that before going into this year. :o That's bonkers.

It's way too early to call that for The Jungle Book. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

1 minute ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

That's simply impossible if we want a quality film out of Justice League. Even Ant-Man went through several rewrites from Edgar Wright's original story before start shooting. Time is a luxury that WB will have to pay for it if they are willing to get Justice League right after how BvS has turned.

But I'll urge you and everyone else to direct this kind of talk to the BvS spoiler thread, Andy warned us yesterday about this. @CJohn, do the honors use the Jesse Custer's voice.

I already told you what they need to do guys. And what I said is very realistic. They just can't change director less than a week before the shooting starts lol. They have to pull the plug and delay JL to Summer 2019 and use 2017, 2018 and Spring 2019 to release individual movies.

WB have already stated they do not care about the 2nd weekend drop. It seems they're content with the backlash and with it making a somewhat decent profit when it's all said and done. I think they was kinda expecting this, so they can move on and focus on the other movies. By the looks of things, Snyder isn't going anywhere.

32 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Movies that opened to 50M and didn't get a 2x multi:

Fifty Shades

Paranormal Activity 3

Valentine's Day

Watchmen

That's it, that's the whole list

It should avoid this list barely.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I already told you what they need to do guys. And what I said is very realistic. They just can't change director less than a week before the shooting starts lol. They have to pull the plug and delay JL to Summer 2019 and use 2017, 2018 and Spring 2019 to release individual movies.

Superman Lives and Justice League: Mortal were cancelled mere weeks before filming was to begin and, honestly, who is to say, it hasn't already been delayed? 

Most of the time when these decisions (or any in general, regarding a film getting the greenlight or key players like directors, writers, actors, etc. getting hired) are made, it was done weeks, if not months, prior to it becoming public.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pulling the plug has got to be 10s of millions at this point I assume

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

WB have already stated they do not care about the 2nd weekend drop. It seems they're content with the backlash and with it making a somewhat decent profit when it's all said and done. I think they was kinda expecting this, so they can move on and focus on the other movies. By the looks of things, Snyder isn't going anywhere.

No studio would ever say otherwise. Just look at how Sony reacted to TASM2 via press releases compared with the emails they were exchanging back then that ended up leaked. Something needs to be done, and I wish I was as confident as CJohn about this, and while I'm not, some social media movements of the actors make me think he isn't off the mark. I don't think they have made the decision to pull the plug just yet, but pressure for them to do it is probably unbearable at this point. Goldstein, the guy who has been the spokesperson lately saying that BvS "didn't take itself seriously" after the first weekend and that "there's a disconnect between the critics and the public" was just doing his job, which is saving face. I'm hopeful we'll hear something this week, but confident...? No, not yet. I think Snyder will go down with a whimp, not with a bang, i.e. they'll do it as quiet as WB possibly can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

Do you expect them to publicly say that they're furious about the 2nd weekend drop? They're still selling the movie

They can say what they want for now, anyone looking at these numbers who understands their context knows that WB cannot possibly be happy

• Like 2