K1stpierre

The Jungle Book (2016)

Grade it:  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

It's alright I guess. Visuals are impressive, and there are a few fun moments and good characters (Shere Kahn and the wolf mother were stand outs to me), but as a whole, it's just kind of meh. Baffled at the euphoric reaction this seems to be getting, but then again, I feel similar about the animated film.

• Like 2

A+

I loved this movie. I loved how Neel Sethi interacted with the CGI setting, and I loved the animation for the animals. I even loved the humor that came along with it. The movie was very exciting and I jumped in my seat a few times.

If box office numbers are earned through the quality of a film, then The Jungle Book deserves to meet or exceed any figure that Zootopia has, and if you are familiar with how much of a Zootopia fanboy I am, then you know how high praise that is from me.

• Like 1

Finally got around to see The Jungle Book. It's very apparent that Disney is in the middle of another renaissance. The film hits all the right nostalgic notes while appealing to modern sensibilities. The FX were top-notch, the writing sharp (especially for Shere-Khan) and there was a healthy balance of humor and drama. The Jungle Book is a keeper!

A

Well done Disney!

The vfx are stunning and and the voice cast are all amazing.  Elba's Khan is the scariest villain in years.   The biggest flaw is the at times stiff acting of Neel Sethi though there are times he's a complete natural and in the end it's still a good affecting performance   I could have done without the "Be Like Me" song.  On the edge between a B+/A-

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 10:39 PM, TalismanRing said:

The vfx are stunning and and the voice cast are all amazing.  Elba's Khan is the scariest villain in years.   The biggest flaw is the at times stiff acting of Neel Sethi though there are times he's a complete natural and in the end it's still a good affecting performance   I could have done without the "Be Like Me" song.  On the edge between a B+/A-

Image result for 10 cloverfield lane howard