kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

6 minutes ago, Rey said:

Okay, but that would depend on the purpose of #SupportDCFilms.

If the hashtag is because they believe DC and Warner Bros. have the critics against them or something, okay, while I see some truth or possibility to maybe some of it, it's ridiculous.

If it's something like support them so more comic book stories are told and they hope to learn from their mistakes from BVS, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Same if it's to support them because so far DC has been great at bringing diversity to their casts.

And to answer your second point, if it's in the ladder, it may not be necessary for the second reason I brought up, but definitely for the third. I mean, honestly, I have my opinions. I throw my shade here and there, but I rarely participate in those kinds of things.

I agree with the whole blaming Snyder and all though.

UZxyZU1.gif

There is no truth or possibility to it. It's just pathetic denial that so many people could've disliked a movie about their precious characters. 

6 minutes ago, Rey said:

Okay, but that would depend on the purpose of #SupportDCFilms.

If the hashtag is because they believe DC and Warner Bros. have the critics against them or something, okay, while I see some truth or possibility to maybe some of it, it's ridiculous.

If it's something like support them so more comic book stories are told and they hope to learn from their mistakes from BVS, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Same if it's to support them because so far DC has been great at bringing diversity to their casts.

And to answer your second point, if it's in the ladder, it may not be necessary for the second reason I brought up, but definitely for the third. I mean, honestly, I have my opinions. I throw my shade here and there, but I rarely participate in those kinds of things.

I agree with the whole blaming Snyder and all though.

UZxyZU1.gif

Considering that the hashtag showed up after the film's massive second drop (even by comic book movie standards), it's most likely the first option. It must be hard being on "Team DC" (silly that there are "teams" for movie brands- how about being on "Team Good Movies" and that way we all win?) considering this is the third attempt at jumpstarting their universe this decade (first Green Lantern flopped, then Man of Steel did well but had a divisive reception, now they rushed Batman and Wonder Woman into the follow-up to that movie in what was most likely a decision made entirely out of panic and introducing other heroes without proper set-up, so I'd be inclined to believe the problem is at an executive level within the studio).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Considering that the hashtag showed up after the film's massive second drop (even by comic book movie standards), it's most likely the first option. It must be hard being on "Team DC" (silly that there are "teams" for movie brands- how about being on "Team Good Movies" and that way we all win?) considering this is the third attempt at jumpstarting their universe this decade (first Green Lantern flopped, then Man of Steel did well but had a divisive reception, now they rushed Batman and Wonder Woman into the follow-up to that movie in what was most likely a decision made entirely out of panic and introducing other heroes without proper set-up, so I'd be inclined to believe the problem is at an executive level within the studio).

Nothing about WW or Batman was rushed, the GA received them well and even critics that dislike BvS said great things about them both.

Just now, Ohana said:

Nothing about WW or Batman was rushed, the GA received them well and even critics that dislike BvS said great things about them both.

They were put in the film in the first place with Man of Steel 2 being sidelined because WB panicked (obviously) and thought adding them would solve their problems. Considering this isn't going to make much more than the previous movie despite those bonuses, obviously not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Box Office Freak said:

Do you guys think domestically, Deadpool might make more than Batman v Superman? 

That is 10000% locked, even with the silly re-release talk that won't happen.  

BvS is very likely not going to gross more than Zootopia and might be in trouble of getting beat by Jungle Book.  You can look back a few weeks from now and BvS might barely be in the Top 5 grossing 2016 movies only 5 months into the year.  Deadpool, Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War all could be ahead of it.  

Finding Dory, Independence Day: Resurgence, Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One all have a pretty good shot at beating it.  Might even want to throw Secret Life of Pets in there.  

I honestly think there is a decent shot BvS doesn't end up in the Top 10 domestic grossing movies of 2016.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They were put in the film in the first place with Man of Steel 2 being sidelined because WB panicked (obviously) and thought adding them would solve their problems. Considering this isn't going to make much more than the previous movie despite those bonuses, obviously not.

I understand you work in WB and know every move they plan
In a sec u gonna tell me they are "rushing" JL as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

BvS is very likely not going to gross more than Zootopia and might be in trouble of getting beat by Jungle Book.  You can look back a few weeks from now and BvS might barely be in the Top 5 grossing 2016 movies only 5 months into the year.  Deadpool, Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War all could be ahead of it.  

Finding Dory, Independence Day: Resurgence, Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One all have a pretty good shot at beating it.  Might even want to throw Secret Life of Pets in there.  

I honestly think there is a decent shot BvS doesn't end up in the Top 10 domestic grossing movies of 2016.  

I don't think there's any chance that we end up with 11 $330m + movies this year.  That's insanity.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

There's never been a film that's made $300 million (and BvS will make at least $300 million, come on) that has ever missed the top 10. It might get knocked out of the Top 5 but the Top 10? That would be historic and would probably make 2016 the best BO year ever.

• Like 4

Just now, Ohana said:

I understand you work in WB and know every move they plan
In a sec u gonna tell me they are "rushing" JL as well.

I don't think you have to work in the studio to know what they're thinking. Just watching the overstuffed films and the trajectory of the series (from Man of Steel to Batman v Superman...yep, nothing rushed about that set-up) is probably enough.

It'll never happen but if WB got hacked and all of their embarrassing info were leaked online tomorrow, we would simply see a confirmation of what the Sony emails revealed: that the studios are run by a bunch of clowns (just reading through some of the more "juicy" bits, it boggled the mind those people aren't teenagers but some of the most powerful people in the industry). Wasn't there a report last year that the It remake was shelved because the flopping of Poltergeist (which featured a toy clown front and center in its marketing) led them to believe audiences don't want to see horror movies about clowns? Lol I can't with the idiocy of that logic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There's never been a film that's made $300 million (and BvS will make at least $300 million, come on) that has ever missed the top 10. It might get knocked out of the Top 5 but the Top 10? That would be historic and would probably make 2016 the best BO year ever.

This is the year!!

I admit I am being a bit over the top on it being a good shot, but I could see it being close.  

Deadpool, Zootopia and Captain America: Civil War will be over $330m.  Finding Dory and Rogue One are locks.  There is 5 right there.  

I'm on record that Independence Day shocks everyone and is a 4 quad nostalgia monster that breaks out.  Secret Life of Pets, judging from the trailer reaction and general buzz is going to have a great shot at getting there.  I think Suicide Squad opens to $100m+ and gets there.  Fantastic Beasts new trailer looked incredible and tied into the look and feel of Harry Potter enough I think it will be a huge hit.  

Sounds pretty out there, but I have seen some things the last 18 months that most said they wouldn't have thought they would see for a long time or would never happen. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This is the year!!

I admit I am being a bit over the top on it being a good shot, but I could see it being close.  

Deadpool, Zootopia and Captain America: Civil War will be over $330m.  Finding Dory and Rogue One are locks.  There is 5 right there.  

I'm on record that Independence Day shocks everyone and is a 4 quad nostalgia monster that breaks out.  Secret Life of Pets, judging from the trailer reaction and general buzz is going to have a great shot at getting there.  I think Suicide Squad opens to $100m+ and gets there.  Fantastic Beasts new trailer looked incredible and tied into the look and feel of Harry Potter enough I think it will be a huge hit.  

Sounds pretty out there, but I have seen some things the last 18 months that most said they wouldn't have thought they would see for a long time or would never happen. 

The only one of those alternatives that is even plausible is Suicide Squad.

This is the year!!

Please stop beating that poor dead horse corpse.

We live in an era where Deadpool and Zootopia out gross a $330m domestic Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman movie.  

There are no rules any more.  

Thats why the Cap/IronMan/SpiderMan movie needs to beat all 3. 

• Like 1