kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Batman V Superman did well for a C- film.  What more could you ask for?  Nobody expected a critically acclaimed film from the beginning, just another Man of Steel 2.0 and that's exactly what the film went for.  If you're the carbon-copy of something, don't expect to do that much better than the original.  Just my cup of tea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Please. I love both DC and Marvel, but BvS achieved nothing positive regarding BO. Couple of most famous superheoes cannot beat Guardians of the Galaxy? Lol

Whata a juggernaut this movie is... :sadben:

800M this week, I know it's hard for u to accept this but BvS is ALREADY a huge success and grossed more than many Marvel BO hits.
Deal with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

As I said 750 million and counting . What a collosal failure 

DH2 (without China) hit $832.5m after its second weekend. BvS is in its third weekend and still hasn't despite having China.

Its legs and reception have been a complete and utter failure, and anyone who tries to say otherwise is delusional on the scale of religious people who think that devils exist.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

True. In speciality box office, it's weird Eye in the Sky is doing so well; I legitimately had no idea of its existence until a couple days ago. Good for it 

Hopefully Midnight Special's expansion goes well. I kinda want to a double of Everybody Wants Some and another indie movie next week.

I honestly don't think Midnight Special has many more major expansions left. It stayed in NY/LA for two weeks, then it expanded 50 theaters, and now it's jumped to more major markets in 493 theaters. The only chance WB really has to get in over 750 theaters is April 22.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It's going to end at $850M WW. It's not a failure but it sure as hell isn't a success either. According to Deadline it needs $925m WW to make a minimum profit and it's not even going to come close to that. Give me GOTG, DOFP and Deadpool over BvS if I am a studio exec. At least I'll have made bank with those three movies. 

Is WB lying when they said 750 is break even ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Will BvS make $800-$900 million WW? Yes.

Is that a lot of money? Yes

Should BvS have made much more? Yes

DC's top three characters will make less money than the last two solo Batman films.

BvS defenders, try to put a positive spin on that.

OK. TDK made only that much because of Ledgers death. Just like F7 with Walker. And TDKR was the conclusion to NOLAN's Trilogy. That is not spin that is FACT. Anyone sayng otherwise that Ledgers death had nothing to do with TDK success is not thinking clearly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

800M this week, I know it's hard for u to accept this but BvS is ALREADY a huge success and grossed more than many Marvel BO hits.
Deal with it.

Sweetheart, it's not a huge success by any stretch of the imagination. Babe, it hasn't even made money yet in its theatrical release and we all know how little it has left in the engine. 

Please do yourself a favor and stop lying. 

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Will BvS make $800-$900 million WW? Yes.

Is that a lot of money? Yes

Should BvS have made much more? Yes

DC's top three characters will make less money than the last two solo Batman films.

BvS defenders, try to put a positive spin on that.

3 characters that consisted Superman, A new Batman that had NOTHING to do with Batman Trilogy and a cameo+ of Wonder Woman.
Pls be accurate.

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

Oh really because F4 only made 56 million domestic.

After a $25m OW.

Missing $250m after a $166m OW would require a 90% drop on its second weekend. No massive opener (or any wide release for that matter) no matter how bad is going to fall that hard.

Edited by cookie

4 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Batman V Superman did well for a C- film.  What more could you ask for?  Nobody expected a critically acclaimed film from the beginning, just another Man of Steel 2.0 and that's exactly what the film went for.  If you're the carbon-copy of something, don't expect to do that much better than the original.  Just my cup of tea. 

I'm positive WB expected, or at least hoped.

2 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

BvS is nowhere near MoS in terms of quality. MoS had superior acting (Michael Shannon>>>Jesse Eisenberg as far as chewing scenery is concerned), script, design, and action.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the thread where Zootopia opened had less pages than this.  So a week where a mid-level McCarthy flick and an action bomb apparently gives a lot more to talk about than a successful WDAS flick, along with 2 other new releases.

gotcha

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

I'm pretty sure the thread where Zootopia opened had less pages than this.  So a week where a mid-level McCarthy flick and an action bomb apparently gives a lot more to talk about than a successful WDAS flick, along with 2 other new releases.

gotcha

Zootopia's weekend thread was strange.

Just now, Noctis said:

Sweetheart, it's not a huge success by any stretch of the imagination. Babe, it hasn't even made money yet in its theatrical release and we all know how little it has left in the engine. 

Please do yourself a favor and stop lying. 

How am I lying if I'm stating facts?
If BvS passed 1B ppl like you would set another bar saying "Oh, it didn't pass 2B - it's a flop"