CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Are we going to do this every Friday night/Sat morning? BvS has had a shitty increase every Friday. Nothing new. Zootopia also had a shitty increase.

Get over it folks and move on. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

DERBY UPDATE:  A Brief Look at the top 15....  I am very upset about this.  It will change all the way until Monday

PanaMovie 91.950
No Prisoners 89.412
8wombi7 86.386
bapi 86.950
Simionski 85.480
TalismanRing 86.196
Jmorphin 86.383
Bates 84.623
RandomJC 83.756
Rolling Thunder 83.443
Matrix4You 84.305
Wildbill 83.403
Johnny 82.524
Exxdee 81.495
Horror Wizard 81.715

Either i done well for once, or other people done bad.

• Like 1

I am still sticking with my prediction that BvS ends up outside the Top 10 this year.  Already will be at #5 behind Deadpool, Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War in a few weeks.  Fully expect Dory, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One to be ahead of it putting it at #8 in even the best case of scenarios.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

I am still sticking with my prediction that BvS ends up outside the Top 10 this year.  Already will be at #5 behind Deadpool, Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War in a few weeks.  Fully expect Dory, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One to be ahead of it putting it at #8 in even the best case of scenarios.  

Not sure about Fantastic Beasts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Disney can't stop dominating.

I wish the whole marketing department from Disney Portugal would get fired. They can't sell a movie. Every Disney movie except animations underperforms badly here.

Let's not forget that all these massive successes can be attributed to the great and highly acclaimed movies they're making. From Star Wars to Zootopia to Jungle Book, the critics adore them very much and they resonanted well with the audience. Audience very much checks RT and that also can be a big influence.

Now let's see if the critical acclaim streak continues with Civil War. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dingdong123 said:

Let's not forget that all these massive successes can be attributed to the great and highly acclaimed movies they're making. From Star Wars to Zootopia to Jungle Book, the critics adore them very much and they resonanted well with the audience. Audience very much checks RT and that also can be a big influence.

Now let's see if the critical acclaim streak continues with Civil War. 

That is already a lock.  Civil War is sitting at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes with 17 positive and 1 negative.  It shouldn't likely drop below 90% when the rest of the reviews come in.  

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

I think outside top 10 will be tough. both SS and FB will have to over-perform (WB won't mind that one bit :lol:). But I don't see it happening. DP, Zootopia, TJB, CW, Dory, Rogue One will push it to #7. Need 4 more movies to push it to #11. SS and FB have a small shot if they have great GA reception. Moana being from WDAS cannot be ruled out. Even if SS, FB, Moana do more than BVS, it will still be at #10.

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think outside top 10 will be tough. both SS and FB will have to over-perform (WB won't mind that one bit :lol:). But I don't see it happening. DP, Zootopia, TJB, CW, Dory, Rogue One will push it to #7. Need 4 more movies to push it to #11. SS and FB have a small shot if they have great GA reception. Moana being from WDAS cannot be ruled out. Even if SS, FB, Moana do more than BVS, it will still be at #10.

It is a long shot, but think it is going to happen.  SS, Moana, ID:R, Secret Life of Pets all have a shot in addition to what I listed.  

Edited by nilephelan

3 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

You should get sure, it is going to be a huge hit for Warner Bros.  

I have a feeling you already watched FB. It is great to hear that there are lots of good movies ahead.  WB is a regular studio with movies over 300M mark.

1 minute ago, leatherjacket said:

I have a feeling you already watched FB. It is great to hear that there are lots of good movies ahead.  WB is a regular studio with movies over 300M mark.

I haven't seen it or anything, but the reception and look to the trailer as well as knowing the audience and release date makes me think it will open huge and get over $330m domestic.