CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Fantastic Beasts is so unnecessary, but I guess if Rowling wants to squeeze as much as she can out of Harry Potter then power to her.

Bond at Disney would be... interesting, but it'll never happen because Disney will want much more than MGM are willing to give, and Disney is a studio often unwilling to sacrifice creative control of property it does not own.

Edited by syntaxerror

Congrats to @Rolling Thunder who nailed JB:

Rolling Thunder The Jungle Book (2016) $101.79M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Digoron The Jungle Book (2016) $95.00M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Bozly The Jungle Book (2016) $94.66M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Arlborn The Jungle Book (2016) $94.50M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
nelmsey The Jungle Book (2016) $91.05M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Wonka The Jungle Book (2016) $90.91M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Grath The Jungle Book (2016) $90.00M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
JMorphin The Jungle Book (2016) $89.51M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Tower The Jungle Book (2016) $88.00M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
Bates The Jungle Book (2016) $88.00M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Havent they only had one Star Wars movie? Bit premature to ask them then. 

Star Wars is cool again, a critical favorite, has merchandise everywhere, has major theme parks opening, and we just saw the original cast members in a movie far superior to the prequels.

It's safe to say SW fans are more satisfied than they have been in decades.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

To people who have watched TJB: how's the 3D? Is it worth paying the extra charge?

Normally I'd just look for a 2D screening, but I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to Avatar and Life of Pi thrown around, regarding its CGI and immersion. And that got me a little interested.

I don't like 3D in general, but this wasn't bad. I still prefer 2D as a whole (I've seen it in both formats) but if you generally like 3D than this is certainly worth it.

47 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

ASM2 was a failure, it forced Sony to reboot that series only after two movies with Andrew Garfield.

It's a very badly directed but the movie never got the scorn of humanity like BvS. I am not a big defender of BvS: The only thing I like about BvS is the trailer. And Snyder is great visuals but kinda hopeless in a big massive commercial machinery they are to build to fight MCU. Still, the amount of hate & ridicule is worse than reality TV. Just a series of god-awful smear campaign, scorched earth policy of the highest order. It almost feels like it's organized. With the hype building on Suicide Squad & a solo Batman movie, I guess Warner seems to have a knack/preference for the edgier, darker, more violent, ethically challenged superheroes/villains rather than "good ole boy" superheroes like Superman or Green Lantern. 

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Nobody made a pip?

Were... were you not here for its run? :lol:

I didn't join the forums until 2 months after its run and you could still find weekend threads filled with its crap :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zackzack said:

It's a very badly directed but the movie never got the scorn of humanity like BvS. The only thing I like about BvS is the trailer. Snyder is great visualist. But the amount of hate & ridicule is worse than reality TV. Just a series of god-awful smear campaign, scorched earth policy of the highest order. It almost feels like it's organized.

Not enough people liked the movie to give it any momentum. If it was well liked word of mouth would have overcome anything media has to say. This movie opened with $166m dollars in the US alone. It had an RT score of 29% and people paid their money to see it anyway. Word of mouth is just not good. The movie I dying a natural death. Sorry you don't think it' fair but that's the way box office works. There is no smear campaign nor is there any conspiracy against Batman v. Superman so please give it a rest.

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, zackzack said:

It's a very badly directed but the movie never got the scorn of humanity like BvS. I am not a big defender of BvS: The only thing I like about BvS is the trailer. And Snyder is great visuals but kinda hopeless in a big massive commercial machinery they are to build to fight MCU. Still, the amount of hate & ridicule is worse than reality TV. Just a series of god-awful smear campaign, scorched earth policy of the highest order. It almost feels like it's organized. With the hype building on Suicide Squad & a solo Batman movie, I guess Warner seems to have a knack/preference for the edgier, darker, more violent, ethically challenged superheroes/villains rather than "good ole boy" superheroes like Superman or Green Lantern. 

This 'campaign' is the reaction to DC fanboys ridiculing anyone that doesn't like the movie and accusing critics of an agenda.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Not enough people liked the movie to give it any momentum. If it was well liked word of mouth would have overcome anything media has to say. This movie opened with $166m dollars in the US alone. It had an RT score of 29% and people paid their money to see it anyway. Word of mouth is just not good. The movie I dying a natural death. Sorry you don't think it' fair but that's the way box office works. There is no smear campaign nor is there any conspiracy against Batman v. Superman so please give it a rest.

How much is Disney paying you to say that? ;)

• Like 1

Another record could be broken this month. 

Meet Dave theater drop to be challenged by Henry?

Henry's numbers looking a tad lower than meet Dave's below with same TC 

Jul 11–13 7 $5,251,918 - 3,011 - $1,744 $5,251,918 1
Jul 18–20 11 $1,659,424 -68.4% 3,011 - $551 $9,398,409 2
Jul 25–27 19 $381,469 -77.0% 488 -2,523 $782 $10,839,801 3
Aug 1–3 27 $160,020 -58.1% 223 -265 $718 $11,219,162

I understand why BvS is controversial and why people want to discuss the implications for DCEU.

But why can't we keep that discussion in the threads dedicated to BvS talk?

Clearly alot of people want sanctuary from the repetitive BvS debate. So it's best to go to threads that ENCOURAGE BvS debates. How many of those threads do people need?

Edited by grey ghost

54 minutes ago, zackzack said:
14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I understand why BvS is controversial and why people want to discuss the implications for DCEU.

But why can't we keep that discussion in the threads dedicated to BvS talk?

Clearly alot of people want sunctuary from the repetitive BvS debate. So it's best to go to threads that ENCOURAGE BvS debates. How many of those threads do people need?

Jungle Book multiplier off a high $103M OW

If it behaves like Alice 1: 2.87 -> $296M DOM

If behaves like Maleficent : 3.47 -> $358M DOM

Average : $327M DOM final, about right?

For those who thinks this has longer legs than

Maleficent should be aware that Disney is going to

need those IMAX/LPF screens for Captain's War

• Like 1