WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

I think most metro areas still have at least one arthouse joint still functioning. Cleveland has the Cedar Lee which still does pretty good business and Des Moines where I used to live has the Fleur Cinema.

I kinda wish the Valley View and Chagrin theaters didn't get arthouse films so I'd have an excuse to go there more often

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There's so much hype and demand for the Huntsman that it took us until Friday evening/night before opening a review thread and no said anything.

It's so good, it left people speechless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's so good, it left people speechless. 

It's so good it left them thoughtless. It was so special, it could not be contained by mere human synapses, and thus people mostly forgot about it the second they left the theater.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I d buy a sink replica from Room.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hello, sink

Hello, plant

Hello, skylight

Took me way too long to figure out which scene in  The Room had a sink in it before I realized my mistake

• Like 1

There's actually quite a number of arthouse type cinemas in Sydney. Dendy(owned by Mel Gibson's Icon) at Newtown and next to the Sydney Opera House, Palace Cinemas(2 in Paddington and 1 in Leichhardt), Hayden Orpheum at Cremorne and the Randwick Ritz. I'm probably forgetting some. They all play a mix of blockbusters, independent films and classics. 

The good thing is that for the next 5-6 weeks I'm looking after my brothers dogs so the Hayden Orpheum is within walking distance and the Dendy Opera Quays is a ferry ride across the harbour or walk across the harbour bridge. 

http://concreteplayground.com/sydney/arts-entertainment/film/the-ten-best-boutique-cinemas-in-sydney/

• Like 1