cannastop

Best Original Song 2016

If a Moana song gets nominated it'll be You're Welcome because it is sung by the more popular Rock.

The female lead that plays Moana is still unknown, and the Academy will want a bigger star singing on stage in front of millions.

Edited by Mojoguy

You're Welcome was submitted by Disney, it just wasn't eligible. There are still no announced nominations yet.

I enjoyed How Far I'll Go, You're Welcome, and We Know The Way.

I was just trying to explain some of the politics about the Oscar nominations. Bigger singer for the songs do have an impact.

Edited by Mojoguy

40 minutes ago, Morieris said:

How come?

it seems like they just didn't submit it. there's literally no reason for it to not be eligible. it was on their FYC page but they must have changed their minds. concentrate the campaign.

the la la land people didn't submit a lovely night either. city of stars seems like the best bet just because it's the song that's got all the awards attention so far.

Edited by CoolioD1

11 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

If a Moana song gets nominated it'll be You're Welcome because it is sung by the more popular Rock.

The female lead that plays Moana is still unknown, and the Academy will want a bigger star singing on stage in front of millions.

Oscars are not the Globes. There are countless of examples where huge stars were snubbed. 

Edited by stripe
  • Like 1

the truth is disney probably only wanted to submit one moana song like they did with frozen which would be How Far I'll Go, but because We Know The Way had a different song writer on it there was probably some contractual business where he wants a shot at a nomination too.

Gold Derby's predictions:

http://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/oscars-nominations-2017/

Best Song
NOMINEE
PREDICT NOMINATION
PREDICTING A WIN
ODDS
  • La La Land

City of Stars

13/8
  • Moana

How Far I'll Go

4/1
  • La La Land

Audition (La La Land)

7/1
  • Trolls

Can't Stop the Feeling

7/1
  • Zootopia

Try Everything

18/1
  • Hidden Figures

Runnin'

20/1
  • Sing Street

Drive It Like You Stole It

33/1
  • Sing

Faith

66/1

On 12/28/2016 at 3:45 PM, CoolioD1 said:

you're welcome wasn't submitted. your reasoning is also illogical. they've nominated some random ass people before they're not gonna put their foot down for her.

For "out of the blue random" nothing will ever beat Uncle Fucker from the South Park movie. I'm pretty sure a bunch of voters got together after a bunch of drinks and said "let's get everyone we know to nominate this as a joke and watch the reaction".:lol: