grim22

Bleed for this | Open Road | Nov 4 limited, Nov 23 wide | Boxing drama. Miles Teller, Aaron Eckhart

http://www.thewrap.com/miles-teller-boxing-drama-bleed-for-this-lands-awards-season-release-photo/

Open Road Films has announced it will release the Miles Teller boxing drama “Bleed For This” in the heart of awards season, with a limited release set for Nov. 4 before the film goes wide on Nov. 23.

Ben Younger wrote and directed the film, which tells the incredible true story of one of the most inspiring and unlikely comebacks in sports history — that of Vinny “The Pazmanian Devil” Pazienza, a local Providence boxer who shot to stardom after winning two world title fights. After a near-fatal car accident left Vinny with a severed spine, doctors told him he may never walk again. With the help of renowned trainer Kevin Rooney (Aaron Eckhart), Vinny became a legend when he not only walked again, but miraculously returned to the ring to reclaim his title belt only a year after the accident.

In addition to Teller and Eckhart, the film co-stars Katey Sagal, Ted Levine, Ciaran Hinds, Jordan Gelber and Amanda Clayton.

Bleed-For-This-300x200.jpg

@CoolioD1 @Jack Nevada and anyone else who thinks Miles Teller has a punchable face gets to see him get repeatedly punched in the face by the looks of it

It's a good trailer.  Boxing movies all seem to have similar themes and they will always be compared to Rocky but this does have a good true story hook to it and the trailer is effective.  Should do fairly well.

Teller will forever have the face of a middleschool bully to me. I can never take anything he does seriously. I just can't. He always looks like a child trying to be serious.

Him and Chloe Grace Moertz have that look to me. They just look like children in my eyes.

Finally a director is giving the people what the want: Miles Teller getting punched in the face repeatedly. It has no chance of being a crowd-pleaser like Rocky, however, because no one is going to root for Teller to win in the end. ?