CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Summer is finally here - I am jealous of my brother in law who is at one of the all day Cap marathons..... (my poor non-comicbook fan is with him sucks to be her lol)

Uh just the thought makes my ass hurt.

• Like 3

Well I screwed up.  There were no sell outs at my theater yesterday and now both Imax showings are sold out. The next one is at 2am. I never buy presale tickets. Now I have to see it in reg 2D. Hope its not sold out by the time I get there. 2 later 2D showings are already sold out.

Looking forward to taking part in this legendary thread. That said, I'm staying out of it until my 8pm showing because I got way too much shit to do with finals.

However, it is weird to think how a lot of us called Civil War being much more hyped than Age of Ultron. I've heard so much more about it these past few weeks compared to last year with Avengers.

(And with that, I jinxed it so it will open lower than AoU :lol: )

32 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Well I screwed up.  There were no sell outs at my theater yesterday and now both Imax showings are sold out. The next one is at 2am. I never buy presale tickets. Now I have to see it in reg 2D. Hope its not sold out by the time I get there. 2 later 2D showings are already sold out.

Tele let you down.

• Like 1

Well, I usually rely on box office websites for opening weekend predictions because they know better than me about this stuff, but if you told me to decide on a figure for CW entirely on my own, I'm going to say a pessimistic $199M.

Edited by johnboy3434

9 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

The Day after Tomorrow is so random, they needed to switch the leads. Great idea for a huge disaster movie, our main character has to lock himself up in a room by a fire! Genius!  The stakes are soooo high

To be fair, the dad is also co-leading the movie. This is still a flaw though, you're right. I love the movie nonetheless :wub:

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

rank the summer movies in anticipation

HIGH: X-Men Apocalypse, The BFG, Finding Dory, Popstar, Ghostbusters

DECENT: Suicide Squad, Jason Bourne, Alice Through The Looking Glass, Ben-Hur, The Shallows

SEQUELS THAT COULD BE GOOD BUT HAVE NO CHANCE TO LIVE UP: Independence Day 2, Neighbors 2

OK: Warcraft, Free State of Jones, Star Trek Beyond, War Dogs, The Nice Guys, Central Intelligence, The Purge 3

KIDS WILL LIKE THEM BUT I'M NOT SURE IF I WILL: Angry Birds, Secret Life of Pets, Kubo and the Two Strings

NOT MUCH: The Legend of Tarzan, Sausage Party

NO HYPE IN HELL: Now You See Me 2, Money Monster, TMNT 2

Edited by department store basement

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

rank the summer movies in anticipation

Squad, BFG, Dory, Bourne, Pets, Conjuring, Sausage Party, Kubo = the ones I'm actively rooting for

X-Men, Nice Guys, Shallows, Infiltrator, Star Trek, Free State = the ones I'm quite interested in but not quite OMG hyped

Neighbors 2, Mike & Dave, ID4-2, Lights Out, Money Monster, Pete's Dragon, Popstar = the ones I'm either iffy or more indifferent over, but also rooting to be good

Warcraft, Ghostbusters, Angry Birds = the ones who look like they're gonna suck balls, but I really wish that doesn't happen

Everything else = meh who cares