CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

What was the last major movie to not have Thursday night showings other than kids movies like KFP3?

The closest was MOS with their exclusive Walmart previews. The rest of the showings were midnight only.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Certainly gave those first screenings more flair and excitement. They felt unusual, special. Now they're just another Thursday night.

It's funny, but almost every time I broach the subject of seeing an opening movie on Thursday, people still automatically assume that it will be at midnight. And it can be a struggle to get them to understand it's at 7PM.

"Wanna see the new movie tonight?"

"Hmmm, midnight is awfully late for me on a workday."
"Actualy it starts at 7."

"Ummm, no, the movie comes out on Friday."

"Nope, they do showtimes that early nowadays."

"......But that's dumb; the movie opens on Thursday, not Friday."

Fuck Hollywood, is basically what I'm saying. Maybe in 5 years, all of Thursday will just be part of the weekend and we'll have midnight showings Wednesday night as the norm. :lol:

• Like 3

I hope this movie bombs, Marvel sucks!

BvS rules!!

Just kidding. I don't watch CBMs :):):)

BTW. Are these two fighting each other? They look angry. Hence civil war in the title. Sounds like a remake of a March release that had 'vs' in the title.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Well ORIGINALLY midnight screenings were often for weird cult movies like Eraserhead and El Topo and sleazy horror films. 

Rocky horror picture show!. My first and only midnight 35 years ago

That weird low budget shit flick made 100m mostly at midnight

Susan Sarandon almost looked hot in it

Just now, No Prisoners said:

Rocky horror picture show!. My first and only midnight 35 years ago

That weird low budget shit flick made 100m mostly at midnight

Susan Sarandon almost looked hot in it

Shit, "almost"? She's hot today. 

• Like 1

I'll add this to the first post....

WHOSE TEAM ARE YOU ON?

It's the BOT Civil War Weekend Sale!

This weekend only, take advantage of special pricing for our Copper and Gold accounts. You get 20% off either monthly or yearly, which means a monthly Copper account can be acquired for the price of a premium cup of coffee! ($4). A yearly Copper account is a mere $44!

A monthly Gold account is less than the cost of an upscale matinee movie ticket here in LA! :unsure: (That would be $12). And, in our most aggressive pricing ever, a yearly Gold account is also 20% off, only $132!

For those of you who're new: this entire forum, software, and hosting costs are community-funded. We rely on donations and paid account subscriptions to keep everything running smoothly, and every so often we like to have a special sale to jazz things up a bit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I'll add this to the first post....

WHOSE TEAM ARE YOU ON?

It's the BOT Civil War Weekend Sale!

This weekend only, take advantage of special pricing for our Copper and Gold accounts. You get 20% off either monthly or yearly, which means a monthly Copper account can be acquired for the price of a premium cup of coffee! ($4). A yearly Copper account is a mere $44!

A monthly Gold account is less than the cost of an upscale matinee movie ticket here in LA! :unsure: (That would be $12). And, in our most aggressive pricing ever, a yearly Gold account is also 20% off, only $132!

For those of you who're new: this entire forum, software, and hosting costs are community-funded. We rely on donations and paid account subscriptions to keep everything running smoothly, and every so often we like to have a special sale to jazz things up a bit.

I could have saved $1 if I waited 1 day :ohmyzod:

#TeamBOT? :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm convinced that if Sarandon lives to be 100 she will still be a stunning-looking woman.

Oh yeah. Hell yeah. Shit.. Why am I so sweaty all of the sudden. 

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

BOT Civil War?

I'm on #TeamCJohn.

:ph34r:

Count me in on that. CJohn's gonna have a better BOT team than we Portuguese have better bribesmen trying to win us international football competitions from the German and Spanish :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Orlando is currently at 13/163 sellouts for tonight, should hit 15 within 60-90 minutes.

Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year :kitschjob: 

56 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Sucks we can never go back to real midnight showings, isn't that right Gitesh??? Kids of today have it so much better... You used to have to actually go opening day to see the first showing.

None of the Thursday screening I have been have been as much fun as a midnight screening. Theaters barely let anyone dress up. There is no huge wave of an excitement that there used to be.  Plus I think digitial projects kinda ruined it since theaters will show 10-30 showing of a movie in one night  basically most screens are not sold. Lastly Reserve seating which I love but it means no waiting showing up 10-15 minutes before the show time.

• Like 1