CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Maybe it s time to reboot the Avengers to put some needed fire back into the MCU.

Suggestions ?

Iron Man : Taylor Kitsch

Cap America : Charlie Hunnam

Ant Man : Seth Rogen

Thor : Alexander Skarsgard

Black Panther : Jayden Smith 

Black Widow : Alicia Vikander

Scarlet Witch : Alicia Vikander

Sharon Carter : Alicia Vikander

Hulk : Alicia Vikander

Director : Noah Baumbach

Who who will  rising star Jai Courtney play?

Just now, John Marston said:

Who who will  rising star Jai Courtney play?

Random disposable douchebag Marvel villain, in ALL movies.

Cost efficiency.

35 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

One thing that's been made clear to me though, I think there is a ceiling to MCU films. There hasn't been too much outperformance since IM, TA, IM3 (oh and GoTG). Get ready for some insane Infinity War predicts that will fall flat.

An OW of $180M+ for a Captain America movie would be the very definition of "over-performing," given that the previous entry in the series earned roughly half as much. If anyone actually believes otherwise, there's no reasoning with them.

Honestly, stuff like this takes away from the fun of following box office stats. People on this site lose perspective too easily. It has to be all or nothing; if a movie doesn't make tens of millions over expectation it's deemed a disappointment or a flop. There's no middle ground.

For me, making predictions and joining or starting clubs is about taking risks and having fun going out on a limb. I'm sure that the professionals have more at stake, but none of us are pros. It's still going to be fun tracking CW's numbers, but the ginned-up drama is not as interesting.

Thank Feige the movie is everything I ever hoped it could be. Watching CW was like watching my geeky childhood dreams leap out of a comic book and onto the screen. My inner 9-year-old spent 2.5 hours in heaven and I couldn't be happier. :D                     

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Maybe it s time to reboot the Avengers to put some needed fire back into the MCU.

Suggestions ?

Iron Man : Taylor Kitsch

Cap America : Charlie Hunnam

Ant Man : Seth Rogen

Thor : Alexander Skarsgard

Black Panther : Jayden Smith 

Black Widow : Alicia Vikander

Scarlet Witch : Alicia Vikander

Sharon Carter : Alicia Vikander

Hulk : Alicia Vikander

Director : Noah Baumbach

To be honest I don't think they should reboot for a loooooooooong time. Just keep it going for as long as they can. You can reboot one character easy. Not sure you can reboot an entire universe with dozens of characters so easy. You guys are too reboot happy. 

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

There's definitely a lot to love in WINTER SOLDIER, but CIVIL WAR edges it out, but barely.. Both are "A" In Quality..

Hopefully seeing it in about 3 and a half hours if all goes well, I'm pumped.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The car chase scene in TWS is Jesus.

i remember i saw the raid 2 a week before i saw that movie so i could only look at the winter soldier's car chase and think "aww, that's cute"

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Talkie said:

An OW of $180M+ for a Captain America movie would be the very definition of "over-performing," given that the previous entry in the series earned roughly half as much. If anyone actually believes otherwise, there's no reasoning with them.

Honestly, stuff like this takes away from the fun of following box office stats. People on this site lose perspective too easily. It has to be all or nothing; if a movie doesn't make tens of millions over expectation it's deemed a disappointment or a flop. There's no middle ground.

For me, making predictions and joining or starting clubs is about taking risks and having fun going out on a limb. I'm sure that the professionals have more at stake, but none of us are pros. It's still going to be fun tracking CW's numbers, but the ginned-up drama is not as interesting.

Thank Feige the movie is everything I ever hoped it could be. Watching CW was like watching my geeky childhood dreams leap out of a comic book and onto the screen. My inner 9-year-old spent 2.5 hours in heaven and I couldn't be happier. :D                     

In this situation, it wasn't people who were over-predicting it. The big sites started going crazy with their projections lately and people here followed suit accordingly cause hey, the "experts" were doing it. 

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'd sure like to know cause I don't recall seeing it, so I'll post this yet AGAIN:

So yet another time I'm going to ask this?? Why is this so hard to believe that CW isn't following the same path TA did in 2012 making MORE than what people predicted and MORE than 150M OW by a fucking mile at that and enough to kill Nikki with the whole "Not a Record" crap???

BKB what is it you are looking for us to say?  You are expecting this to defy box office laws and make more on Saturday and Sunday than any other film in the history of films?  Why would it do that?

A175-190 OW is fucking fantastic, stop being so grim.

• Like 4

BTW my theater at 3pm had maybe 40 people in it.  Only maybe 10 cars in the parking lot.

#crumbkbling

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i remember i saw the raid 2 a week before i saw that movie so i could only look at the winter soldier's car chase and think "aww, that's cute"

Typical coolio statement trying to sound cool.

• Like 1