CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for the May 20th openers:

Angry Birds: 35/115

Neighbors: 25/65

Nice Guys: 25/90

Bro, Neighbors 2 is not gonna fall off that much. Time to wave the white flag, man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for the May 20th openers:

Angry Birds: 35/115

Neighbors: 25/65

Nice Guys: 25/90

Take 4M for Angry Birds and give them to Neighbors and we are on the same page. 

Just now, filmlover said:

Bro, Neighbors 2 is not gonna fall off that much. Time to wave the white flag, man.

I want my club to succeed dammit!

I'm really really close to raising the bar 10M on that

As a boxoffice fanatic, it really upsets me personally that most of us are seeing this CW number as "disappointment". I am including myself in this. I think if I have never clicked on any boxoffice website for their predictions and never visited any club threads, seeing everyone predicting $200+ million like this was a given, just like Ultron, perhaps I would be happier.

I would be ecstatic for this result. $170-$185 million for Captain America? That's fucking amazing!

But when the past f'ing month all you read is $200 million this, $210 million that, $225 million there, $200 million is the floor, then you feel like crap on this number.

:angry:

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I want my club to succeed dammit!

I'm really really close to raising the bar 10M on that

Gain some balls and stick with it. There is 0 hype for that thing. It is opening this weekend in the UK. Haven't checked the thread to see how it is doing but it will probably be a good indicator to the DOM OW.

9 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Actually, you're off on the Sat one.. For Sat, it'll be close to 80M and Sun at 69M

#wishfulthinking

#delusions

#beatingadeadclub

#futileperseverance 

Just now, CJohn said:

Wtf at people predicting 15M OW for The Nice Guys. It is gonna do 20M at least. 

I think it will do around $20m, but it doesn't have a ton of mass appeal. Could easily dip below that. Seems like something us cinephiles will eat up, but that isn't a ton of people in actuality. WOM will hopefully be very good.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Gain some balls and stick with it. There is 0 hype for that thing. It is opening this weekend in the UK. Haven't checked the thread to see how it is doing but it will probably be a good indicator to the DOM OW.

Can't find anything in the thread, going to ask.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wtf at people predicting 15M OW for The Nice Guys. It is gonna do 20M at least. 

Marketing has been good but period crime comedy has always been a tough sell to the masses, Crowe's days as a reliable draw are long in the past, and Gosling has never been one (The Notebook, Crazy Stupid Love, and The Big Short are the only movies of his to make $50M+ in total). That said, it'll probably make the kind of numbers Kiss Kiss Bang Bang would make if it were released today where RDJ is a hot commodity (although that movie is really what initiated his comeback).

iSpot airings:

Angry Birds: 2,828

The Nice Guys: 1,828

Neighbors: 1,402

Marketing is really strong for The Nice Guys and it helps that WB was airing ads during sporting events before the main push.

Edited by WrathOfHan

26 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ni ce Guys is only getting ~20M, and I'm being generous, and Neighbors and Angry Birds are probably somewhere in the mid-to-high-30s, so that's about 90M+. TMNT's only gonna do at best $60M, and Me Before You's doing at best $20M.

And you think these numbers arre Insignificant?

I'll try and be as polite and non-confrontational as possible when I say this. Only the most imbecilic, moronic, idiotic simpleton would be disappointed with Civil War opening under $200m. 

No offence intended. (Obviously when I say "no offence intended" I mean I'm trying to be as offensive as possible.)

• Like 4

This is just one more example that people should think of before they tell someone they are stupid for predicting anumber that is much lower than what they think it will open to. TThere is a chance that this opens closer to 160 than it does to 225. So me predicting 140 doesnt seem so absurd now.

• Like 4