CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

22 minutes ago, Sam said:

TJB dropped a bit harsher than I expected, but still very good considering the competition and loss of screens. 

Except for Mother's Day, none of holdovers made more than 4M. All pretty brutal drops. Yikes. 

Jungle Book will have a great hold next weekend.  Furious 7 dropped 62% with Ultron, then 18% the next one.  Paul Blart dropped 60% then 10%.  I'd guess 25% or less next week, over $16m

Edited by IMojammer

24 minutes ago, Sam said:

TJB dropped a bit harsher than I expected, but still very good considering the competition and loss of screens. 

Except for Mother's Day, none of holdovers made more than 4M. All pretty brutal drops. Yikes. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Disney overestimated Zootopia's Sunday drop again.

Of course, that's a difference of $300,000, so whatever.

Edited by cannastop

50 minutes ago, Sam said:

I can't be with my mom on Mother's Day this year :( Ya'll who can I hope you have a great time.

Aw. That's so sad. I know how you feel.

• Like 1

This weekend should show us that Online Presales are now accounting for a larger portion of all ticket sales. Civil War was the largest pre selling Superhero movie ever and still came in below Ultron by 10M.

Fandango reports are useful when something isn't outselling a comparable movie for sure, but unless it is unprecedented levels of Presales like with TFA, it tells us nothing anymore.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

This far from Qualifies for a WWW Thread much less explanation and really would only Qualify is it matched or came in under BvsS 166M OW.. Then and only then would this really Qualify for such a thing..

Yeah that was more of a rhetorical question , I get that it doesn't qualify for a thread . I am still in awe about how little it made though .

Q2 top 10 projections domestic: Captain America:Civil War: 490 million, Finding Dory:395 million, Jungle Book:355 million, X-Men Apocyplse: 235 million, Ninja Turtles 2:160 million, Central Intelligence: 155 million, Angry Birds: 140 million, Neighbors 2: 130 million, Alice 2:125 million, Conjuring 2: 100 million.

• Like 1

181m is really really great! Still keeps it up for passing Ulton and that was the most and the best I hoped for. You guys should go check out the scoffs at that CW over A2 club (atleast early on, havent revisited it recently so do not know if things changed)

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Aw. That's so sad. I know how you feel.

And her birthday is this upcoming Tuesday too. I feel I'm failing as a daughter lol. But there's no other ways. I'll make up to her somehow. 

I am the worst son.

My brother ordered flowers and I told him to tack my name on along with our jobless brother.

She loved the flowers though!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Oh, and from BOM's weekend report:

:o

Ultron was underestimated because it made up a bit for lost Saturday business due to the fight, on Sunday. Brad Brevet was not at BOM back then, so he probably doesn't remember that. Ultron only had a 10% Sunday drop with LA actually increasing from Saturday numbers per Rth.

• Like 1