CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

At least we know not to expect crazy things for Doctor Strange. My audience was like "da fuq" before the movie last night.

Yeah, I have it doing 170M and I think that might be generous. It's behind Ant-Man in trailer views too.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Even for Marvel standards, Ronan is a giant disappointment.

I thought Zemo was pretty solid. Don't mind Ultron either. And of course, Justin Hammer. The rest though... :kitschjob: 

Pretty much how I feel. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I have it doing 170M and I think that might be generous. It's behind Ant-Man in trailer views too.

Are you comparing at the same point in time? :redcapes:

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Mother's Day is actually quite a lot better than you may think. I'd recommend it to you :)

But I don't have any pre-conceived notions as to the quality of the film.  

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I am still not sold on Spider-Man or Thor 3 making 300M. 

At the very least Spider-Man will do high-200's. I wouldn't be surprised with TWS numbers for Ragnarok if it's good and if it has a lot of IW setup.

26 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Oh, and btw....now that I understand a bit more about the Infinity Stones, I like Guardians of the Galaxy a whole lot more.  Like way more. :)

I'll certainly watch it again in it's entirety.  

:ohmyzod:

7drHiqr.gif?noredirect

Baumer, are you OK?! Blink twice if you are :P

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But I don't have any pre-conceived notions as to the quality of the film.  

My bad, when I said you I really meant like "all of you" kinda directed at members in general. But recommending it to YOU was directed at you :P

• Like 1

The trailer for Doctor Strange is so...weird. A bald Tilda Swinton providing exposition, Inception-like images of cities folding. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's easily their lowest-grossing film since The Incredible Hulk tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Eye in the Sky was utterly fantastic. What an incredible film.

People would come out of the movie and rave about it to me when I'm standing in concession. Incredible WOM, we only had it for 2 weeks as filler but it doubled business in its second week.

My prediction still looking good?   Sweet.   How long do I get to gloat at the people who are "disappointed"?   ;)    I still think following immediately behind a "vs" comic book film can't be a positive for a "vs" comic book film.    Especially one that burned audiences.   Kevin Feige knows that.   He openly declared that it's good for everyone when every studio makes good movies in the CB genre.    It doesn't HELP the other studios when one studio makes a bad movie.   No logic in believing that.

Interesting spin going on.     It looks like it's going to open less than an Avengers movie so means it's time to loudly declare it's an Avengers movie?   O...kay...nice try.   :D 

Even the title is trying to get in on it.   As if Winter Solider was a "solo Cap film".    TDK was more about the Joker than it was Batman but it was still a Batman film.   CW is definitely more about Cap than anyone else and the story is a direct sequel to Winter Soldier.   

Everyone else is free to be "disappointed" if they want.   I'm liking my prediction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The trailer for Doctor Strange is so...weird. A bald Tilda Swinton providing exposition, Inception-like images of cities folding. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's easily their lowest-grossing film since The Incredible Hulk tbh.

That's pretty much locked if the trailers don't get more appealing to the GA.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At the very least Spider-Man will do high-200's. I wouldn't be surprised with TWS numbers for Ragnarok if it's good and if it has a lot of IW setup.

So Spidey will see a might increase from TASMS1? Hmmm. Depends on how much Tony/Iron Man the movie has. 

6 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Eye in the Sky was utterly fantastic. What an incredible film.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

HERESY

tumblr_o5725clEkK1so8xfgo1_500.gif

I was not talking about TV. If we include TV The Hive trashes every Marvel movie villain.

d70e2c6601034e95ce8cd3c50b8a42cc.gif

Hail Hive Ward. When he turned that stupid Kree into a bloody corpse!!! So badass!!! :sarah:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So Spidey will see a might increase from TASMS1? Hmmm. Depends on how much Tony/Iron Man the movie has. 

I was not talking about TV. If we include TV The Hive trashes every Marvel movie villain.

d70e2c6601034e95ce8cd3c50b8a42cc.gif

Hail Hive Ward. When he turned that stupid Kree into a bloody corpse!!! So badass!!! :sarah:

RDJ will help but there's going to be a lot of goodwill from CW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Don't know, grim said it was behind in views so I'm taking his word :lol: 

Oh ok :lol: 

I still think Doctor Strange will do a cool 170-190M DOM and 500M WW.