CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

24 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It worked for Steve Rogers who's 95 in the movie bagging Peggy Carter's Daughter..

fw3fkb6gdn4bov8uy5dw.gif

I'm not gonna lie, I was amused that Sharon thought this was a good idea.

Bless her for trying though

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

So you're an embittered governing official stung by past failures to control superhero fans now plotting your next scheme to control the latest successful initiative....

oh my god...

Captain-America-Civil-War-Trailer-1-Gene

@Chewy @Sam

Tele wishes he's as dashing with great hair as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

It's very simple. 

This was being sold more as an Avengers film than a Captain America film. As Baumer showed all those one-sheets in an earlier post. To the point where it was being called The Avengers 2.5 internally and the fact that it is a Goddamn Avengers film when you actually see it. 

Interesting too see what more casual box office predictors have to say. Everyone had Cap first and Dory second. Dan was the only one to have SLOP on his list and it was at third, I have no idea what the other three were thinking leaving it out.

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

Oh, and btw....now that I understand a bit more about the Infinity Stones, I like Guardians of the Galaxy a whole lot more.  Like way more. :)

I'll certainly watch it again in it's entirety.  

9c66fa80-00d0-0133-4ff5-0ec273752cbd.gif

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

You might've converted Baumer, but you'll never convert me! Muahahaha 

/twirls mustache 

/slinks off

rocket-suck-the-joy.gif

• Like 2

The Box Office Mojo guy's report sort of annoys me. Instead of talking about how much bigger CW's opening day is than TWS or how it is bigger than every Marvel OD that isn't an Avengers film, he talks about how it's hopes of hitting $200 million this weekend are "dashed" with the $75M OD and not much more.

Like that should never have been a realistic benchmark you dope.

• Like 1

Just now, Mango said:

The Box Office Mojo guy's report sort of annoys me. Instead of talking about how much bigger CW's opening day is than TWS or how it is bigger than every Marvel OD that isn't an Avengers film, he talks about how it's hopes of hitting $200 million this weekend are "dashed" with the $75M OD and not much more.

BOM has stopped being anything of worth except for numbers when Ray Subers stepped down.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Reviosionism alert. Yeah this is a good number but comparing it to the previous Cap movies is dumb. This is an AVENGERS film and marketed as such 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

9c66fa80-00d0-0133-4ff5-0ec273752cbd.gif

My love :wub: He's easily the best thing about GOTG. I hope he'll have a sizeable role in the sequel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Reviosionism alert. Yeah this is a good number but comparing it to the previous Cap movies is dumb. This is an AVENGERS film and marketed as such 

This must mean BvS was a Justice League movie and thus this means people aren't interested in the JL.   ;) 

Just now, John Marston said:

I agree it's been marketed as more than just a solo Cap film but can you please tell me how I'm a so called "revisionist"? I don't remember ever saying otherwise.

Its opening day was practically Avengers level.

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

This must mean BvS was a Justice League movie and thus this means people aren't interested in the JL.   ;) 

Actually that is kind of true. Seeing Batman, Superman, and WW together Is the main thing people want to see.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I agree it's been marketed as more than just a solo Cap film but can you please tell me how I'm a so called "revisionist"? I don't remember ever saying otherwise.

Its opening day was practically Avengers level.

Yeah what I mean who the film didn't meet their expectations at the box office are now back pedaling going "wow this is an amazing gross since this is a Captain America movie, not an Avengers film"

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Actually that is kind of true. Seeing Batman, Superman, and WW together Is the main thing people want to see.

We then have to assume the JL movie will open the same or less than BvS and the next Avengers movie will open the same or than than CW?   :D 

That better happen to support all these claims that CW is an Avengers movie.

1 minute ago, Harpospoke said:

We then have to assume the JL movie will open the same or less than BvS and the next Avengers movie will open the same or than than CW?   :D 

That better happen to support all these claims that CW is an Avengers movie.

Yes, lots of people are predicting JL to make less than BvS