CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

it was an ok movie nothing more. the critcs are definitely biased towards Marvel and this movie prove it. Its just an OK movie. Noway in hell does it deserve over 90% on RT. Winter Soldier is far better and so is Iron man which are basically the only good MCU movies.

I enjoyed BvS more and in noway did it deserve 28% on RT it deserved 80%. 28% is just ridiculous and a score you give to Adam Sandler movies. Despicable behavior by most of the critics at least Travers and Roeper of the top critics showed professionalism and voted BvS a good score. Unlike the rest of the sheep. And Civil War is an Avengers movie that is damn sure it only misses Thor and Hulk but its gaining a much more popular character with Spidey. So if some of the people call this a Cap movie then BvS is only a MoS movie because it follows all the envents set up from that movie And it only had one character more from DC Batman and 10 min of Wonder Woman. While Civil War had  4 times more MCU characters incorporated into the movie.

this is why we need a thread to explain how RT work :sadben:

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Matha

/end your point 

if you dont get that scene then you are daft. Bruce see Clark only as an alien for him to say this makes Bruce see the human side of Clark he could not see before. That the name is Martha makes the connection even stronger. He could have said any name and Bruce would still have stopped because he finally saw Clarks human side in that scene.  Everyone here know you have a Marvel bias

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

it was an ok movie nothing more. the critcs are definitely biased towards Marvel and this movie prove it. Its just an OK movie. Noway in hell does it deserve over 90% on RT. Winter Soldier is far better and so is Iron man which are basically the only good MCU movies.

I enjoyed BvS more and in noway did it deserve 28% on RT it deserved 80%. 28% is just ridiculous and a score you give to Adam Sandler movies. Despicable behavior by most of the critics at least Travers and Roeper of the top critics showed professionalism and voted BvS a good score. Unlike the rest of the sheep. And Civil War is an Avengers movie that is damn sure it only misses Thor and Hulk but its gaining a much more popular character with Spidey. So if some of the people call this a Cap movie then BvS is only a MoS movie because it follows all the envents set up from that movie And it only had one character more from DC Batman and 10 min of Wonder Woman. While Civil War had  4 times more MCU characters incorporated into the movie.

Okay, three points:

1 - 28% is not the "score" that BVS got on RT in terms of quality, but rather in terms of people that liked it. 27% (now) of critics liked BVS. If it makes you happier, the actual "quality meter" is the average score from critics, which is a 4.9/10 (essentially average), while audiences have it at 67% w/an average of 3.7/5, which ain't that bad.

2 - The whole "critics are paid by Marvel/Disney" thing is pretty astounding, considering that, like Kevin Feige said, Marvel would only have to lose if BVS got a terrible reception, since that hurts the superhero genre as a whole - it exausts audiences if they see a bad one the same way that it cheers them up if they see a good one, which makes them anticipate more another upcoming SH movie (on the other hand, that audience could be like "nah" at another one should they have been coming off a bad one). Plus, it doesn't help that BVS was riddled by darkness and joylessness, and a general lack of fun, which could always make its flaws all the more apparent (compared to Marvel, which colors its own flaws w/flashiness, jokes, quips and all), and therefore, the sentiment against it that much easier. Not to mention, why would Disney risk such a PR debacle as actually corrupting the critics? You liked BVS more? Fine, great, pretty sure many others did too. Stick it at that. Enough w/this damn conspiracy shit already.

3 - I totally just got paid by Disney to say that.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, mredman said:

if you dont get that scene then you are daft. Bruce see Clark only as an alien for him to say this makes Bruce see the human side of Clark he could not see before. That the name is Martha makes the connection even stronger. He could have said any name and Bruce would still have stopped because he finally saw Clarks human side in that scene.  Everyone here know you have a Marvel bias

I got the scene but it was a stupid scene not in concept but in execution.

That was the flaw of the film. 

53 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Expectations are flawed. They are done by people with agendas. I read that Disney had peojwected 180 Mill. So in this case the loonies here were way overpredicting.

Disney should play the Summer Game.

Their 175 m prediction was closer than most.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mredman said:

Quote from mredman on 24th of april

well all i can say i am not watching CW because of several reasons many also because of some posters here and imdb. i hope all DC fans do the same. why support marvel when their fans are like this to DC movies?

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

RDJ continues to be a golden goose for Marvel Studios.

His last 4 Marvel films are Marvel Studios' biggest movies by far.

Definetely the most popular (super)hero-actor of his era, he s like Sean Connery in the 60's with the James Bond.

Just now, bapi said:

Seriously all these CBM fans must be like 11 years old 

Yes I seen the 'grown ups' watch grown up films like sisters and think its a good film. 

:sadben:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Expectations are flawed. They are done by people with agendas. I read that Disney had peojwected 180 Mill. So in this case the loonies here were way overpredicting.

Well, usually stuidos predict lower OW, no?

8 hours ago, mredman said:

You REALLY don't have a clue on HOW anything works, do you? RT is a scale based on not just the top critics like Roeper, Travers, et al. But many geekdom sites as well. If BvS got a 28% on Rotten tomatoes, it's because the film deserves a 28% rating. Matt Atchity recently came out and said to be certified on Rotten Tomatoes. You basically have to have a large subscriber base, been doing movie reviews for 3+ years, and review a certain number of movies. Those people on RT aren't biased. Well some are, but most of them judge the film(s) on their own merit and form their own opinion on them. It's great you liked BvS, all the power to you. But to pull this "Grace Randolph" thing and say your opinion matters and all the rest of the World should follow your biased opinion, well, that is the definition of closed-mindedness. You don't get to point fingers and criticize reviewers for having their own view on the film. Your post is a disgrace. Yeah, it's true I'm probably a marvel film junkee. But, that doesn't mean I'm NOT willing to give the DCCU a shot. I've been reading DC comics for almost 2 decades. I know these characters inside and out. I loved the Nolan trilogy. Original Superman's 1&2 are on my list of the top 10 superhero films of all time. I actually liked Man of Steel too. It's grown on me the last year. I recently watched all the animated Justice League/JLU cartoons recently. Which is still the best adaptation we've gotten. Don't make asinine posts like this again. It makes you sound incredibly stupid.

Edited by FilmBuff
  • Like 4