CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Christ. 25 pages of "it's a Captain America film, it's an Avengers film, it's a Captain America film, no it's an Avengers film". Guess what? It's BOTH!! Who the fuck cares what it was marketed as? 180 million dollar opening and this is what people are going on about? First world problems lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AJ2k said:

Christ. 25 pages of "it's a Captain America film, it's an Avengers film, it's a Captain America film, no it's an Avengers film". Guess what? It's BOTH!! Who the fuck cares what it was marketed as? 180 million dollar opening and this is what people are going on about? First world problems lol.

I think the plot of the movie is first world problems lol...
- "No, I don't want us to be controlled by the UN, buhu"!
- "Oh, yes you do you son of a B"
- "no!" 

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I think the plot of the movie is first world problems lol...
- "No, I don't want us to be controlled by the UN, buhu"!
- "Oh, yes you do you son of a B"
- "no!" 

Is this supposed to be funny.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

/deceased at the fact neither Sebastian Stan or Haley Atwell got credited on that Captain America 1 poster. What a difference five years makes.

Yeah who the hell is Derek Luke?

16 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I don't see the logic.   Assuming it should make a certain amount based entirely in the assertion that "it's an Avengers movie"....and then when it DOESN'T make that amount....still clinging to the original assertion?

Kinda seems like the box office proved those claiming it was an Avengers movie (or "marketed as an Avengers movie") wrong.

Meanwhile my 180 OW prediction based on it being a Cap sequel with Iron Man is correct!   Have I mentioned that yet?   ;)  

I actually agree with you.  What I mean by that post is that many people, like me, made a prediction of 200M or higher OW based on CW being a Cap sequel with Iron Man and other heroes. And I never see this movie as an Avengers movie. Just because people were expecting an Avengers level number doesn't necessarily mean they think CW is an Avenger movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Is this supposed to be funny.

If you thought twas funny, good for you. 

just thought their intentions and motives were really this was written by a teenager who wants to be wise. 

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah who the hell is Derek Luke?

i actually know who derek luke is (great actor btw) but i had no idea he was in that movie until right now. and i rewatched it like a week ago.

I'm not really sure why people feel that because a movie receives good reviews, that means it will have a direct correlation to a massive OW. It usually correlates to good legs, not necessarily OW. I may be stating the obvious for most of us, but some have a crazy notion that because of the good critical reception of CA: CW, it should have opened to greater than $200M??

Here are a few recent 90+ RT films and their respective OWs...

Zootopia              $75M

10 Cloverfield       $25M

The Jungle Book  $103M

Inside Out           $90M

SW: TFA              $248M

Mad Max             $45M

The Martian        $54M

Creed                 $30M

All but one of these had a 3X or greater multiple. (10 Cloverfield being the exception)

Meanwhile, only one of these broke the $200M barrier.

*For logical reasons, I have included only films that had nationwide openings. Limited releases that expanded later on do not really fit this criteria. 

• Like 2

Yeah I completely forgot he was in that movie. At least Cooper had a recognizable part (the young Daddy Stark).

Speaking of which, that was a crazy good de-ageing job they did on RDJ in the new movie in that flashback. Like Brad Pitt towards the end of Benjamin Button good.

• Like 2