CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

I missed rth this weekend. I want to know which random city theaters seem to blowing up. I bet it's some city in New Jersey. got to be some city in New Jersey, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

I missed rth this weekend. I want to know which random city theaters seem to blowing up. I bet it's some city in New Jersey. got to be some city in New Jersey, lol.

Thor Raganrok will flop.

lol I don't really think Rob Marshall should have won but given Chicago was so strong it's safe to say he was the #2. I followed awards season that year and everyone knew Chicago was winning Best Picture in a landslide by the time the big night came.

Just now, filmlover said:

lol I don't really think Rob Marshall should have won but given Chicago was so strong it's safe to say he was the #2. I followed awards season that year and everyone knew Chicago was winning Best Picture in a landslide by the time the big night came.

i actually like chicago and into the woods, probably because i like the original musicals but it realllly feels like marshall is always doing his best to actively destroy the material so picture without director sounds about right.

• Like 1

Chicago, just like every other Weinstein best picture win, is one of the worst films to ever win best picture.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i actually like chicago and into the woods, probably because i like the original musicals but it realllly feels like marshall is always doing his best to actively destroy the material so picture without director sounds about right.

I actually think his direction is what made Chicago such a great movie (and I still love it to death, sue me all you want Middle Earth fans). He turned a show that is the definition of "stagebound" and breathed tremendous cinematic life into it (with help from the incredible cast, of course). I don't care if he hasn't lived up to it since.

Edited by filmlover

rob marshall is basically gay zack snyder in that "likes the material but doesn't get it" sort of way. in fact the deleted love is a drug musical number from sucker punch looks like a rob marshall scene.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Chicago, just like every other Weinstein best picture win, is one of the worst films to ever win best picture.  

There have been worse. I don't hate Chicago; it just didn't deserve to sniff Oscar. 

Was looking at the 2014 summer box office numbers (worst summer ever), and was reminded that the Planes series has somehow managed to make 2 theatrically released movies. Who even watched those?

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Was looking at the 2014 summer box office numbers (worst summer ever), and was reminded that the Planes series has somehow managed to make 2 theatrically released movies. Who even watched those?

The people who suck up anything (and I do mean anything) Disney releases. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Obvious answer: Families with 7-year olds.

It must be hard to keep the morale up at DisneyToon Studios when it's just about officially the second-string studio.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Does anyone remember what the best pic was for this year  lol 

Yes.

It had an Heavy Hitter Avenger. Who was missing from Civil War. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

it was magic mike xxl. pretty sure i'm right on this it makes the most sense no one look it up.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I think Spotlight is one of the best choices in quite some time.

The last time I didn't like a Best Picture winner was The English Patient. That Seinfeld episode pretty much hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1