CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

It's kinda funny though that this year has had a very odd pattern for OW's: critically and socially well recieved movie breaks out BIG TIME (Deadpool), superhero tentpole delievers all-time opening but there's a bit of a disappointment resentment to it (Batman V Superman), critically and socially well recieved movie breaks out BIG TIME (The Jungle Book), superhero tentpole delievers all-time opening but there's a bit of a disappointment resentment to it (Civil War). I'm thinking this is gonna lead to something like The Nice Guys opening at 80M+, and then Apocalypse destroys Days Of Future Past's opening only to find itself ridiculed by it making less than Deadpool :P :P :P

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

At this rate CW will become as big of a bo joke as BvS . Pathetic .

:rofl:     Breathe. Everything will be alright.

Edited by ecstasy

25 minutes ago, The47th said:

It makes you wonder if the MCU is relying on Iron Man more than we suspect.

Well duh. That's why they pay him the big bucks.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are you being sarcastic? Cause if not, then, oh yeah, absolutely, 178M OW is a joke. 5th biggest OW of all time is ajoke. TOTALLY. It truly will be a joke if it drops nearly or as hard as BVS did on 2nd weekend. Until that happens, there is no way you can call the 5th biggest OW of all time a joke. Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed at it going under 180M too, but what the hell. People exaggerate so easily.

People get trolled too easily in 2016. 

Just now, langer said:

People get trolled too easily in 2016. 

Well, there's a reason why Jaws got a PG rating back in its day. Anything like that today would be insta R. The current generation is more sensitive as a whole. It's corrupted me from the inside out :unsure:

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I think my fave might be the CF one, but I'm biased since I went nuts with the title updates that weekend. We had crazy low numbers initially, so all the THG fans melted down, then the numbers swung back the other way and rebounded for the weekend, so all the Nolanites freaked out when it looked like it would pass TDK's OW. Then there was a late Sunday adjustment and CF fell underneath TDK. Plus, for added bonus, you had #Ed melting down over Peyton's horrible performance on Sunday Night Football.

CF's thread was the first I started lurking on the Forums. Although I didn't create an account until JW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, there's a reason why Jaws got a PG rating back in its day. Anything like that today would be insta R. The current generation is more sensitive as a whole. It's corrupted me from the inside out :unsure:

This is not what I meant, but yeah people are a lot more sensitive in 2016 and scared of a little controversy. 

‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rages Offshore With $217M 2nd Frame, $494M Cume; ‘Zootopia’ Crosses $950M WW – Intl B.O. Final :o

http://deadline.com/2016/05/captain-america-civil-war-china-weekend-jungle-book-zootopia-neighbors-2-international-box-office-1201751259/

Will Zootopia cross 1b now?  What a hit for Disney.

2 minutes ago, langer said:

This is not what I meant, but yeah people are a lot more sensitive in 2016 and scared of a little controversy. 

I know what you meant dude, yeah I certainly did get caught up w/that. Just pointing out why, for the matter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rages Offshore With $217M 2nd Frame, $494M Cume; ‘Zootopia’ Crosses $950M WW – Intl B.O. Final :o

http://deadline.com/2016/05/captain-america-civil-war-china-weekend-jungle-book-zootopia-neighbors-2-international-box-office-1201751259/

All depends on how it's doing in Japan. Is it still going strong, or is it slowing down?!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Captain America 3 is two and a half hours long! How do people even have time to watch it 3 times in one weekend?

I saw it once this weekend.  But with Thursday-Sunday there is lot time especially if you get the weekends off from work. 

14 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

It will cross $1 billion if it significantly breaks out in Japan.

Which I think is a likely scenario.

• Like 1