CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Not surprised BvS beat it in previews considering it had Good Friday. People left work early on Thursday and had Friday off. Civil War will hold much better Saturday and Sunday. I still say 190 million is the minimum.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

NOON UPDATE: Captain America: Civil War‘s matinees are currently tracking 10% to 13% behind Avengers: Age of Ultron putting the Disney Marvel title on track for a $75M-$80M Friday and a projected weekend at this point of $178M-$188M. While that’s under Ultron‘s $191.27M , man, that’s really not something to cry about. Should Civil War hook that opening, it will make it the fifth highest domestic opening of all-time ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $174M.

Extremely disappointing if this happens . Will wait for updated numbers .

Edited by Thrylos 7

I just wanna say that I feel a little schadenfreude that Captain America 3's reception on Rotten Tomatoes, while great, is just a little less positive than it was for a different Disney movie released in March.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

3 hours until my showtime. I feel sorry for anyone who has to PAY to see this movie. It going to be nice to get paid to see this movie. 

Don't feel sorry for me. I paid to see it and I'm very happy I did. You should save your sympathies for other movies.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Not surprised BvS beat it in previews considering it had Good Friday. People left work early on Thursday and had Friday off. Civil War will hold much better Saturday and Sunday. I still say 190 million is the minimum.

Sunday is Mother's Day right?  Isn't that going to effect it's performance on Sunday?  It doesn't seem like the type of movie you can convince your mom to go to.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I just wanna say that I feel a little schadenfreude that Captain America 3's reception on Rotten Tomatoes, while great, is just a little less positive than it was for a different Disney movie released in March.

Apple & oranges canna, you can take all the pleasure you want but not exactly the same type of films.

• Like 2

I think deadines number will be low after all is said and done.  I am thinking closer to $200 is still possible but not much more or less than that.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

What's extremely disappointing is these type of reactions to a $180m+ open (not to mention the massive OS haul).

Yep, only the 5th highest grossing weekend of all time. Oh no, what a travesty.  I can't wait for people to be disappointed if Episode VIII only opens up to like $225 million next year.

still very early ......

Super early estimates is bullshit.

Only in our GOD RTH we trust.

When he will tell some numbers we ll have a more valuable idea. Not mentioned will his first estimate so don't panic :)

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Ok, this is the 4th time now I've posted this, YET, no one can give me a decent answer, so I'll keep asking it until I get a decent response:

I gave you a decent answer in your club thread and you chose to ignore it.