CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The Joker is iconic and transcends the genre.

The rest isn't that impressive. 

For me, Batman The Animated Series is definitive Batman. 

I'll take that over "We must transcend comics", Law and Order Batman any day of the week.

Different takes on the character and the property. Nothing wrong with that. 

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is that a misprint?  Mother's Day isn't going to drop at all this weekend?  :o

Rough estimate of course is dependent on Sunday but that's like a 195% Friday increase and it really is the truest female flick playing so I could see 7m+ happening with that Friday number. 

Even if this was considered an Avengers sequel, that means people will mostly associate it with the very average AOU.

Obviously the luke warm reception to AOU had bigger than expected ripple effects.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is that a misprint?  Mother's Day isn't going to drop at all this weekend?  :o

probably not. down only 26% on friday, less after previews and Sunday will hold big

8% RT. People are going to see it because of the title and tomorrows holiday. unreal

If a movies was  about me for some reason and had an 8% RT I wouldn't go see it

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Different takes on the character and the property. Nothing wrong with that. 

I'm not saying a series can't have a different take but Nolan's version isn't some gold standard for me.

If someone asked me why I like Batman, I'd show them my favorite episodes of Batman The Animated Series instead of TDK.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Even if this was considered an Avengers sequel, that means people will mostly associate it with the very average AOU.

Obviously the luke warm reception to AOU had bigger than expected ripple effects.

Until the vastly superior WOM kicks in, which should be immediately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'm not saying a series can't have a different take but Nolan's version isn't some gold standard for me.

If someone asked me why I like Batman, I'd show them my favorite episodes of Batman The Animated Series instead of TDK.

I'd probably show them Under The Red Hood, or Mask of The Phantasm personally. I admire and think greatly of Nolan's trilogy, but there's plenty of other great interpretations of the character, that I don't think Batman even has a gold standard in the first place.  

4 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

It doesn't matter. See CA2. The series audience is not expanding after 13 films. It will be lucky to hit 400m.

5 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Winter Soldier legs puts this above 430 m.

Ant-Man legs puts it above 500 m.

WOM suggests it should fall in that range if not higher.

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Funny how these $200M+ proclamations came out and completely forget (intentional or not) how we heard the same thing a year ago with Age of Ultron.

This is a great opening but the fact is the overhype warped realistic expectations, and we honestly hear this every time an MCU film open from advanced reviews/online buzz.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Winter Soldier legs puts this above 430 m.

Ant-Man legs puts it above 500 m.

WOM suggests it should fall in that range if not higher.

The series isn't growing after 13 movies.

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

It doesn't matter. See CA2. The series audience is not expanding after 13 films. It will be lucky to hit 400m.

The audience already expanded by alot if we're using CA2 as a reference point.

And if this gets CA2 legs it crosses 400 m by a decent margin.

19 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I think it will be closer to IM3 than Ultron, like 177m maybe.

Stingray knows. B)

Either way, this is a fantastic number, no two ways. Think about it. Fucking Captain America will open higher than Batman and Superman. That's crazy.

The fools who predicted 225 and shit only have themselves to blame. They let their fanboy cloud their judgment.

• Like 5